Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

why so much hate for the body lift

Old 05-02-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Post a pic from the side of the jeep, particularly above the rear tires. That's the unsightly gap I can't stand. And you can see a lot of framerail on the JK's already, how much of yours shows??
as soon as i have a chance ill get a pic up.. i know theres a couple people on here who have that body lift. maybe one of them will post a pic.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default im assuiming you mean this..

here you go.. im assuming this is what you are looking for..

http://www.rockcrawler.com/2010/06/r...e-you-hanging/
Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nope, I'm rooking for the gap above the rear tire. Take a shot looking directly at the rear wheel straight on from the side of your jeep. Seeing straight across and thru to the other side is what makes me dislike body lifts so much.

Like a side profile pic, like my avatar over there <---, but just above the rear tire.
yep.. i gotcha.. i know what ya mean.. but even so.. thats something i think that could be easily fixed. I have scratches from the trail that are more unsightly than that.. but i do know what you mean
Old 05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Junkie

Nope, I'm rooking for the gap above the rear tire. Take a shot looking directly at the rear wheel straight on from the side of your jeep. Seeing straight across and thru to the other side is what makes me dislike body lifts so much.

Like a side profile pic, like my avatar over there <---, but just above the rear tire.
It's no where near as horrible as you make it seem, it's sort of unsightly but there's way worse things that you could do that would be way uglier IMO that a small gap that helped someone raise their rig a little bit since a full suspension lift was out of their budget.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Junkie

Well in that case hate on that gap then.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

I hated my body lift because the rear mounts squeaked like crazy. Our assumption was that it was because the newer JKs have less mounts, so the rear mounts get more flex.
Adding a body lift makes the center bolt a bigger lever, so it has a lot more sway than the 10 isolator JKs had.

I had mine removed and haven't had any squeaking or trouble since.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WindMeUp
I hated my body lift because the rear mounts squeaked like crazy. Our assumption was that it was because the newer JKs have less mounts, so the rear mounts get more flex.
Adding a body lift makes the center bolt a bigger lever, so it has a lot more sway than the 10 isolator JKs had.

I had mine removed and haven't had any squeaking or trouble since.
i was just reading through the instructions and it mentioned something about if you didnt do something you would get a squeak or a tapping sound... not sure if you were aware of this.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AMCJeff
Body bolts tend to come loose with body lifts. If you don't watch for it you can badly damage the body mounts. The bigger the body lift the more likely it is to happen. I would only go 1" body lift.
x2. also the longer bolts with the lift can break when flexing offroad.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

I have a 2" BL on my Rubi. I have had it on for 3 years now with no problems. I do have "the gap" and plan on putting on a gap filler to remedy that but it is not the #1 on my list.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

hi have my 2" body lift for 1 year 1/2 no probleme at all and i love it wen i do mud to clean the frame it goes very well ..

i leave a gap with stock bumper but with after market bumper it s way better ..

this is my jeep stock

my first setup was the same as yours with 2.5" coil spacer and 2" body lift

with xrc bumpers , frount and rear but i have a 3.5" suspenssion and still have my 2" body lift

Quick Reply: why so much hate for the body lift