Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

CT checking in

Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Hey guys - great news from my stealership: 888's Jeep should, appropriately, be delivered on or around 2/8! Can't wait!
SWEET!!!....That's just around the corner. Right on man!!!! I know you've got to be excited as hell

Hey clubber...Did DC have any good news for ya?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:52 AM
JK Junkie

Cool So cool (if everything goes as planned) - can't wait!

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
SWEET!!!....That's just around the corner. Right on man!!!! I know you've got to be excited as hell

Hey clubber...Did DC have any good news for ya?
Hey guys - yeah, "excited" just doesn't cut it... this'll be one of the longest weeks ever! :sad:

It's weird - I called DC about a week ago, and they told me that my 2dr Sahara wasn't slated to be built until around 1/31. I asked them what that meant in terms of time until delivery, and they were estimating "mid-to-late February, but definitely by the end of Feb."

Well, yesterday (2/1 - my Bday ) my wife called to check on the status for me - they said I had gone KZM 1/27 (ahead of schedule). So, we called the dealership, and they were saying that they'd estimate it'll get to them on 2/8 (my wife's Bday ). Talk about "meant to be" coincidences, right?

So, I wasn't expecting it this soon, but I'm very pleasantly surprised... Now, if all goes well and the dealership actually makes good on their word to get it ready for me AND get my remote starter installed the day my Jeep comes in, I'll be totally happy.

Keeps your fingers crossed for me guys - I was dreading the weekend after this one, and trying to figure out what the he!! I would do to amuse myself once football's over for the season. Well, guess I'll have a Jeep to play with! [knock on wood, hard!]
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Wow..........i'm happy for ya 888. And no Chopper, DC said i'm still in BG status. But sooner or later that day will come and I will have my rubi.........
Old 02-02-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by clubber
Wow..........i'm happy for ya 888. And no Chopper, DC said i'm still in BG status. But sooner or later that day will come and I will have my rubi.........
I've got my fingers crossed for you, Clubber - hope that DC gets moving fast on yours (they DO seem to have really stepped up production, but I heard somewhere that they had somewhere in the neighborhood of 60,000 orders in!). I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, and you'll have an awesome rig.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Happy Birthdays all around

Congrats 888
That's pretty cool that your wife and you have birthdays so close.
And also your both gonna pretty much get your JK on your birthdays (well sort of) or at least close enough.
That's the same thing I was hoping for.
I'm really happy for you

Congrats on the 06' rubi, Chopper. I've waited too long to turn back now. I guess me and 888 will have to wait it out ...........
Thanks clubber...I'm definitely a proud papa
If the JK I had ordered had at least started to get built, I most likely would have kept waiting. But it seemed like every time I would speak to the salesman another month was added to when it would possibly start being built. Like I had said in my previous post, I ordered it on 11-11, and as of two weeks ago I didn't have a VIN number or a VON number. My own personal deadline was by my birthday on March 4th and I all ready had been waging a war with myself with other reasons as to whether I should or should not get a 2007. The last straw came when the dealer called me to tell me that my Unlimited Rubi wouldn't be built untill sometime in March, and I wouldn't see the vehicle untill april sometime. I felt like I had been stabbed in the heart, but right then my decision was clear. The black '06 unlimited Rubi that I was gonna buy before I found out about the four door '07s was still sitting on the lot waiting for someone to adopt it...The rest is history.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

I hear ya Chopper the wait sucks !! Another guy on the forum ordered his the same date as me ( dec. 19 ) and his moved to D or D1 end of last week. The last time I called DC was the beginning of last week, so maybe I moved up too . I'll give them a call on monday. Hope your enjoying your new rubi....
888 only four more days......... !!

Last edited by clubber; 02-04-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

3 Days ..............and Counting.....................................!!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:18 AM
JK Junkie

Wink

3 Days ..............and Counting.....................................!!
I know! I'll be SHOCKED if the dealership actually comes through by the 8th, but hey - SOMEONE has to have good luck once in a while, right?

How's that '06 Rubi? Everything you hoped it would be?

I was in the same boat as you, and was wondering if the JK was worth the wait - I was SERIOUSLY considering cancelling my order in early January, and getting a steal on one of the dealership's remaining '06s, but the wife kept me focused (and wouldn't let me!)

Around 2000-2001 or so, and we test-drove a TJ... the wife told me, in no uncertain terms, that if I bought it, she would never ride with me (the super-bouncy spring rate and harsh ride made her feel really unsafe, and in hindsight, I'm sure my driving didn't help at all). I'm sure the stretched '06 is better on all counts, eh?

So, when the JK came out and I read some reviews about how Jeep "civilized" it without castrating it, I figured I'd give it another shot and see if the wife could be convinced... I think the main selling point was that instead of trading in my car every 2-3 years (which I've been doing, and losing TONS of $$$ in depreciation - stupid me! - ), I could just mod the Jeep to whatever point I wanted, and save a bundle in depreciation, etc. Besides that, I convinced her that the Jeep is everything I could want - they're reasonably quick (not compared to the WRX I'm trading in, but that's not why you buy a Jeep), it's a 4x4, and when the weather's nice, it's a convertible - what's not to love?

Can't wait, and I'm hoping the dealer's not just blowing smoke...
Old 02-05-2007, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Hey boys.............I called DC today, and I moved up a few notches. I'm in BX status now. Which is "passed all edits," etc. So I hope things will move along a little faster from now on. But who knows.............
Old 02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Junkie

So - my f***'n dealership called a few minutes ago...

Me: Hello?
Them: Yeah, uh, it looks like your Jeep's not gonna get here until the 15th.
Me: Click.

I'm FURIOUS - it'd be one thing if they didn't get my hopes up, but this is ridiculous... don't know whether to laugh, cry, or go kill my salesman... sigh.

Quick Reply: CT checking in