Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Another newbie from Texas.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by owtcast
Tires, wheels, lift, maybe a winch. I figured you have a winch and since we will be wheeling Moab with ya, we'd sponge off ya.

Oh, and I probably owe you anyway. I can think of one particular time you helped me out of muddy ditch as darkness approached!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that trail is still named after "that night".

Ok. I'm getting ready to bust out the debit card.

What do you guys think of these wheels? I like them a lot but, they will cost over $500 a wheel after lugs and shipping. That's a lot of dough that could go towards other things like winches and stuff.

Also I was set on a Black Diamond 3" kit until kidjeep started throwing out new kits that had come to the market. I read this article http://www.superlift.com/media/artic...7_shootout.pdf in Peterson's and thought it was a no brainer. But after looking at some of his suggesions, I'm not so sure now. I'm now leaning towards the Teraflex kit. It looks like one of the most complete short arm kits out there. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_0003.htm

Any input?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

I believe that trail is still named after "that night".

Ok. I'm getting ready to bust out the debit card.

What do you guys think of these wheels? I like them a lot but, they will cost over $500 a wheel after lugs and shipping. That's a lot of dough that could go towards other things like winches and stuff.

Also I was set on a Black Diamond 3" kit until kidjeep started throwing out new kits that had come to the market. I read this article http://www.superlift.com/media/artic...7_shootout.pdf in Peterson's and thought it was a no brainer. But after looking at some of his suggesions, I'm not so sure now. I'm now leaning towards the Teraflex kit. It looks like one of the most complete short arm kits out there. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_0003.htm

Any input?
Those wheels are bad ass if you want to spend the money. Too much for me!
You are getting warmer on the lift choice!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:50 AM
JK Jedi

Welcome to JK-Forum! Congrats on the new Rubicon!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok. As promised, I'm posting picks as I go along.

The wife's new Rubicon is now two weeks old and I'm just now getting the lift, tires, and wheels on it. I decided against the Hutchinson wheels. Just too many other things I could spend that money on. But everything else has all been sitting in the garage. I haven't had any time off from work. So this weekend, I finally got away from the honey do's and knocked out the lift. Modding Jeeps used to be easy for me. I did all kinds of lifts and parts fabrication like it was nothing. But, I'm over 40 now and it's HOT in Texas! I tell you... I almost quit after bolting up the front end. The rain and lightning didn't help either. But it probably kept me from going into a full heat stroke. All my old Jeeping buddies are busy with their own things or MOVED AWAY! ( Just kidding Chip) But, I'm not a quitter so I kept going and am glad I did. The results are phenominal. Rides good, looks good, performs great!

My wife thought I was nuts for doing it by myself. She just doesn't understand the concept of getting to know your vehicle intimately. There's just things that make more sence after you've torn it all apart and put it back together. So if you ever have trouble with it, it's nothing to fix.
She snapped this picture of my soaking wet, ugly ass right after I finished bolting up and adjusting the front link arms for the last time.

You can tell it was a turd floater of a rain. Nice work conditions,huh?

From this>>

To this>>

So far it's rolling with a Black Diamond/Superlift 4.5" hybrid lift, all 8 rockrunner swivel arms, front and rear adjustable track bars, Bilstein remote reservoir shocks, and 35x12.50 17 KM2s on 17x9 KMC XD Addicts .
Tomorrow I'm bolting on the Olympic Reversa Bars for some added rocker panel protection and so Momma can get into the sumbitch. She wasn't happy having to hike her skirt up to her neck to get in it tonight when we went out to eat.

Terry

Last edited by owtcast; 05-18-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

welcome to the forum
Old 05-19-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

welcome!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow man, that looks nice. Way to tear into it.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok. As promised, I'm posting picks as I go along.

She snapped this picture of my soaking wet, ugly ass right after I finished bolting up and adjusting the front link arms for the last time.

You can tell it was a turd floater of a rain. Nice work conditions,huh?

Terry

That's classic Terry!

Quick Reply: Another newbie from Texas.