Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Dana30 inside

Old 01-26-2021, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dana30 inside

Hello, I'm Joe and I am a first time Jeep owner, decided I wanted one after driving my younger brothers JKU across the country. Bought the first Jeep I looked at on a whim :( wish i would have known what i know now! Here is what my 2016 Jku sport looked like when I got it. I've learned as I've gone along with the help of this forum and some others. I took it on a 4 week, 10K mile road trip in July.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Good to see you out there building some memories with it! Pictures at Top of the World never reflect how nerve-racking it can be inching out to the edge.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Welcome to JKF! Nice looking rig and great shots.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by resharp001
Good to see you out there building some memories with it! Pictures at Top of the World never reflect how nerve-racking it can be inching out to the edge.
I've never driven that, but I bet! At the end of the Road to Nowhere in Big Bend Ranch State Park, TX, and in the Gladiator, I had cameras front and rear and I was quite nervous. 11:33 if not forwarded ...

Old 01-27-2021, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I've never driven that, but I bet! At the end of the Road to Nowhere in Big Bend Ranch State Park, TX, and in the Gladiator, I had cameras front and rear and I was quite nervous. 11:33 if not forwarded ...
heres the view from the drivers seat! Its quite nerve-racking.

The following 2 users liked this post by JoeFrenchDavis:
doc5339 (01-28-2021), Mark Doiron (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 04:45 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I didn't find that trail terribly enjoyable.....19 miles of rocking around, but you have to get that shot ya know, and being at the top is worth it all. I thought the worst part would be inching out, but for me, every time I turned around and looked back at the jeep I knew I had to get back in there and my blood pressure started rising. Then get in and start it up, and I checked I was in reverse about 5 times before barely letting my foot off the brake. Maybe I'm just a big baby with heights.

I always like your videos Mark. "this is cheating" . In all of your travels, I'm surprised you've never been up to Top of the World

Old 01-27-2021, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I didn't find that trail terribly enjoyable.....19 miles of rocking around, but you have to get that shot ya know, and being at the top is worth it all. I thought the worst part would be inching out, but for me, every time I turned around and looked back at the jeep I knew I had to get back in there and my blood pressure started rising. Then get in and start it up, and I checked I was in reverse about 5 times before barely letting my foot off the brake. Maybe I'm just a big baby with heights.

I always like your videos Mark. "this is cheating" . In all of your travels, I'm surprised you've never been up to Top of the World
When we were there we attempted Top Of The World: made it through all of the bumpiness, on the first major obstacle, I made three attempts, and decided to go for the bypass (had the family with me, and a 1,500 mile drive home), my buddy then made his attempt while we were working our way up the bypass, and promptly exploded his rear diff (ford 9in), had to limp it back to their trailer in "front wheel drive." That was then end of our more serious rock crawling that trip.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:38 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

... In all of your travels, I'm surprised you've never been up to Top of the World
Sad, but true. I've done Fins and Things, Elephant Hill Trail, Gemini Bridges, the La Sals, Gateway to Moab, Poison Spider Mesa, White Rim Trail, Tower Arch Trail. Probably a couple more I can't remember. But never Top of the World. Maybe someday I'll check that off.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice JKU and appreciate the pictures. Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-30-2021, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome! looks like a great trip!

Quick Reply: Dana30 inside