Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Greetings From Novi Michigan!

Old 04-26-2015, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings From Novi Michigan!

Hello Everyone, this is my first Post of many (I hope). When I was in college 1990 ( a bit ago) I was bitten by the Jeep bug, had a jeep sahara with a few touches..sorta standard OEM stuff today. Did a jeep Jamboree.. it was awesome!! But as life happens. married, house then the kids..SOLD . I'm sure this rings true for many on this forum.

Fast forward, hard work as paid it forward and I am ready to start my dream build...( with the wife's permission of course). My first daughter has just turned 14 and this may be the vehicle she inherits (when she turns 17..she doesn't know this though.. well maybe ). Never the less, I wan to introduce my family to the experience of off-road; and teach her to drive the right way.

I recently ordered a 2015 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon (LOADED). I intend on Customizing EVERYTHING..... So I will be asking many questions; probably redundant so please excuse me in advance.... It arrives this Wednesday...

I have been scouring the Forums, youtube, etc.. and have come up with a list of desires.. which raises many questions... it will be my daily driver; I have little off-road experience; but I plan on changing that. I want to do it right the first time.

So my first question t kick this off...lifting & Supercharging (Wife won't go for the HEMI Swap)

I want to do either ; Looking for some advice.. thanks in advance

AEV 4/5" Lift Dual Sport RS Suspension with Hutchinson WA-0594 Rock Monster on 37" Toyo Open Country R/T

or

Teraflex Long Arm Suspension 6" lift ( all needed comments) with with Hutchinson WA-0594 Rock Monster on 40" Toyo Open Country M/T

and

RIPP intercooled Supercharger
And I'm really liking the Poison Spider Stuff..more to come here

I look forward to your responses... Or Directing me to the correct thread..

Last edited by NoviJeepGuy; 04-26-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome from traverse city. Just a few thoughts for you. Most will tell you the 6 inch lift will probably be overkill. With 3.5 and flat fenders you should be able to run 37s with no problem. A lot of guys run a supercharger but for me personally paying over 5k for 80 horses or so is crazy. But everyone is different and I will be the first to say do what makes you happy as long as you have the means to do so.
Be sure to look into silver lake sand dunes and rocks and valleys off-road park. We will probably make at least a couple trips to both places this summer as well as the blessing this Saturday.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from Northville, MI!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 04-26-2015, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cedarraider
Welcome from traverse city. Just a few thoughts for you. Most will tell you the 6 inch lift will probably be overkill. With 3.5 and flat fenders you should be able to run 37s with no problem. A lot of guys run a supercharger but for me personally paying over 5k for 80 horses or so is crazy. But everyone is different and I will be the first to say do what makes you happy as long as you have the means to do so.
Be sure to look into silver lake sand dunes and rocks and valleys off-road park. We will probably make at least a couple trips to both places this summer as well as the blessing this Saturday.

Thanks for the Welcome! We have a place in TC;right near Tom's/Apache on West Bay ... heard about the Dunes; didn't know what it was called though thanks...probably going to be our first family outing this summer...

As far as the supercharger goes.. I was just a little concerned about turning the big wheels...and having a little more giddy up and go... I was reading it produce it bit more power; but then again.. can't always beleive what you read on Ads.. figured i'd ask the real story here...Thanks for the heads up.. and so does my wife ($$)

~SEAN
Old 04-26-2015, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Welcome from Northville, MI!

Thanks Neighbor.. Are there local events nearby?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NoviJeepGuy
Thanks for the Welcome! We have a place in TC;right near Tom's/Apache on West Bay ... heard about the Dunes; didn't know what it was called though thanks...probably going to be our first family outing this summer... As far as the supercharger goes.. I was just a little concerned about turning the big wheels...and having a little more giddy up and go... I was reading it produce it bit more power; but then again.. can't always beleive what you read on Ads.. figured i'd ask the real story here...Thanks for the heads up.. and so does my wife ($$) ~SEAN
If you need more power you can always re gear. To have it done shouldn't be more than a grand I think. Most with 37 daily driving will probably opt for 4.56 if you ordered your rubi with 4.10 you will probably be okay for a while. I'm just down the road in cedar. When we head to the dunes I'll try to make sure and post up the info as early as I can for anyone that wants to meet up. We camp just a couple miles from the dunes. It's a great time the family will love it. And if they don't you can always drop them at the beach while you carve up the hills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1942110153.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	608245
Old 04-26-2015, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Events ...not really sure.

There's a group called Jeeps without Borders around here that has several events/runs at either Bundy or Rocks and Valleys.

Look them up on Facebook

I've been meaning to get out with them but too damn busy lately!

Old 04-26-2015, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Greetings from Warren!
Old 04-26-2015, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Hello from Madison heights

Quick Reply: Greetings From Novi Michigan!