Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hi from Afghanistan (well really CO)

Old 09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Afghanistan (well really CO)

New to the site and wanted to say hello. Have not got my jeep yet. This will be my first one, I have always wanted one, but it took my 4 deployments to finally get what I want. I plan on doing some off roading, but it will be my DD so any help or recommendations are fully appreciated.

This is what I am looking at:
2010 Sport Unlimited 6 speed
Deep Charcoal
Tow w/ 3.73 gears
Power package
Anti Spin
Infinity speakers
stock 17 rims
Quoted price 27,488

Want to upgrade
Teraflex 2.5" lift kit w/shocks
ProComp 7089
BF Goodwrench All-Terrain T/A KO

I so cant wait to get home!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! and stay safe!and thank you for your service!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum from Qatar/Oklahoma! Lots of us in and out of the desert on here. Might see you on your way home. . .
Not to throw off your perfect plan, but I finally got my '07 X about a year ago and already want to trade up for a Rubicon, 4 doors no less. Make sure you're ok with your axels, gears, no lockers or discos, etc. before you pull the trigger. Of course all that stuff can be added on later, so if you are happy with it, great!
Again, welcome!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey welcome to the forumn thank you for your service get home safe
Old 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum!

I echo the comments - Make sure you get what you really want the first time... much cheaper than trying to upgrade later.

I bought a new Sahara in March... Hardtop, Auto, Tow, Limited Slip for around 23.5 out the door. Really wish I would have spent a few grand more for a Rubicon - the D44, Lockers, and Electronic Discos would have been worth it. Plus - its a Rubicon!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum! Stay safe over there!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone.

I don't know if I got a Rubicon if I would use everything it has, never done the Jeep thing before so I thought I would ease my way into it.

This is my current ride.

Last edited by emg006; 09-22-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kahntakt
Welcome to the forum from Qatar/Oklahoma! Lots of us in and out of the desert on here. Might see you on your way home. . .
Not to throw off your perfect plan, but I finally got my '07 X about a year ago and already want to trade up for a Rubicon, 4 doors no less. Make sure you're ok with your axels, gears, no lockers or discos, etc. before you pull the trigger. Of course all that stuff can be added on later, so if you are happy with it, great!
Again, welcome!
I agree with Kahntakt. I have a Sahara '08 and wish I would have just forked out the extra doe and got a Rubicon with everything. Dual tops are nice too. Role it into a package and the wife (if your married) doesn't notice as much haha.

I was in Kandahar in '05 and Iraq '07-08. Thanks for what your doing and be safe. Welcome to the Forum!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emg006
Thanks everyone.

I don't know if I got a Rubicon if I would use everything it has, never done the Jeep thing before so I though I would ease my way into it.

This is my current ride.
I thought the same thing and regret it. I ordered it on the military car buying program and the guy was like, "the rubicon is only for extreme rock climbing stuff". I didn't know anything and was like you and wanted to ease in and that didn't sound like easing in. If you plan on offroading you will definitely use the electronic sway bar disconnects (convenient) and the lockers. Plus you have a Dana 44 in front. That is big. All these I wish I had now and I don't do anything to extreme since I am still stock.

Quick Reply: Hi from Afghanistan (well really CO)