Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

JK Girl in Alabama!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Girl in Alabama!

Let me start by saying that I'm totally addicted to this site.

This is my 1st Jeep, and I'm still in the "research/deciding" phase on the higher $$$ mods (wheels, tires, bumpers, etc.). So far I installed a couple of cheaper mods...a grille insert & installed my KC lamps on the A pillar. I love projects, so I'm super excited to get great ideas from my next one (as $$$ permits).

I must confess tht my Jeep is a 2wd...yes, yes...I know...but, I wanted a Sahara & that's what they had on the lot when I bought it & I'm NO part of waiting months & months to order one. I don't see too many comments on the 4x2s, but I know that I'm not the only one here! That being said, I'm hoping to finally locate some trails & see what a 2wd can do this weekend. If you have a 4x2...SPEAK UP! Send me a msg &/or pics.

I live just outside of Enterprise, AL (southeast corner of AL). Unfortunately, I'm not finding too many people in this area on this site. Most Bama people on this forum are in the Birmingham area, which is only 2-2 1/2 hrs from me. I'm totally willing to head northward to Birmingham one weekend if a big group is meeting up. I'm also willing to head south to the Pensacola or Panama City area. It's about the same drive time. I'll do the best that I can on my 2 wheeler!

If you are in the area, send me a message here or through my myspace page (my "homepage").

Take Care!

Kim

Last edited by tidegrad; 10-11-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome

Hi Kim,

I agree with you, this site is addicting. Don't sweat the 2wd thing, just put a little lift and better tires then go for it! (Don't forget a tow strap!)
Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site!

A bunch of people will likely give you a hard time about the 2wd, but dont sweat it, having fun with your Jeep is all that matters
...besides, you got Silver, so it's all good
Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys!! Believe me, I would LOVE to have bought a Rubicon, or waited for a 4x4 Saraha. However, the dealer said it could be months to get one & they couldn't keep ANY Jeep on the lot. I checked out another local dealer, who had a 2dr 4x4 Sahara (which was badass), but I wanted the 4dr. Did an internet search & again found that I'd have to wait. At the time, I thought "Well, I probably don't NEED 4wd, so what the hell." Now I have JEEP FEVER & I can't wait to get it in the woods! My brother has a 4x4 Z71. He lives to go wheelin', so if I can track him down this weekend, I'll have him show me some trails. He can pull me out if I get stuck.

Anyway...Thanks again for the welcome!

Kim
Old 10-12-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hi there

Just wanted to say HI and yeah don't worry about the 2wd thing at all, Your still in a Jeep and that's all that matters.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Welcome to the site!

A bunch of people will likely give you a hard time about the 2wd, but dont sweat it, having fun with your Jeep is all that matters
...besides, you got Silver, so it's all good
Believe me I know from experience. I started a 4x2 thread and got beat up pretty bad. But its all good. Welcome to the site. 4x2 or 4x4 we are all one big happy family. Welcome
Andrew
Old 10-12-2007, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4x2

whats a 4x2? is that like a minivan?

- i just had to!

throw in a locker in the back and u will keep up on most trails...
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

don't sweat the 4x2... it's a freedom "fun" machine!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Howdy fellow Jeep chick!

Old 10-12-2007, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
Howdy fellow Jeep chick!

Ditto!

Silly boys....Jeeps are for Girls.

Quick Reply: JK Girl in Alabama!