Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Just another new guy from VA

Old 01-09-2021, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Do you have both full and half doors? Those half doors look so good on the 2dr.
Yes, my JK came with full doors and I found a set of used half doors. I ran the halfs and a soft top spring through fall. I just bought a slightly used Bestop twill so ordered a set of twill uppers and plan to install both in the spring. I love the half doors when I have the top down. Doors off isn't bad, but it's amazing how much the half doors reduce buffeting and quiet things down. Often, I would just remove the uppers and leave them at home if I was just running around town. There's no denying the convenience of power windows and door locks for everyday use though.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Y, I'm fenderless though mine isn't a DD. I can see how that would get old on a DD. If I ever go back to fenders it would definitely be narrows. I don't get so annoyed with the jeep being dirty on the side, but I'm topless most the time and I have to be careful hitting water puddles, specially when turning, or else I'm flinging water up over my cab and getting a dirty shower or road mess.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The hardware was absolutely a little lackluster- I expected more than sheet metal screws. I was fully prepped to do nutserts.

Again though- the jeep looks good and the full width will absolutely keep the crap down. There's a small puddle at the end of my driveway so there's always dirt/ water on the hood, windows, and mirrors. Get it out into a sloppy trail and suddenly your mirrors are caked in mud. I made that mistake and then the snow/ ice came in. Lemme tell you- muddy mirrors that have then been iced over are worthless for your 45 minute drive home down the interstate.

Quick Reply: Just another new guy from VA