Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Kansas Jeep Newbie

Old 05-15-2019, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to get a better idea how much yours will sag find the weight of the new equipment and hang it on the front, you should be able to hang some blocks from straps attached to the tow hooks. It will put the weight up front closer to where the weight will be distributed. Or, in the case of my xj set it on a couple 2x4s across the hood. Depends on how much you like the body work.

Older suspension components will usually sag more, especially if they have some miles on them.
The following users liked this post:
4Valhal (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MeatCurtains
If you want to get a better idea how much yours will sag find the weight of the new equipment and hang it on the front, you should be able to hang some blocks from straps attached to the tow hooks. It will put the weight up front closer to where the weight will be distributed. Or, in the case of my xj set it on a couple 2x4s across the hood. Depends on how much you like the body work.

Older suspension components will usually sag more, especially if they have some miles on them.
Good idea. Not sure why that didn't come to me on my own, but I appreciate it. I just did a "fat guy" test, and sat my big self on my bumper. 220 pounds had me drop about 2.5 inches. Based on my non-exact understanding of physics i'm expecting less than half that for about half the weight... I'm going to go ahead and stack about 100 pounds on the bumper and get exact this evening.

The EAG bumper and Smittybuilt XRC together should weigh right at 100 pounds per the Vicious Off-Road fella. Joe's a nice guy.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! I'm in KC as well!!

Quick Reply: Kansas Jeep Newbie