Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Land Rover owner now has a 2014 JKU Sport S

Old 11-18-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Rover owner now has a 2014 JKU Sport S

Hello All! I've been a Land Rover Discovery owner for years and have been considering purchasing a used LR Defender. One afternoon it hit me, "Why not purchase the US version of the Defender, a Wrangler!" After a little shopping around and studying the options, I am now the owner of a new silver 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport S. It is equipped with the 24S package (Auto Tranny), Max Tow Package (3.73 gears), Trac-Lok Diff, and a painted hard top. Within the first week of ownership, I have added a set of Rubicon Rock Sliders, Rubicon Springs (17/59>18/60), and Rubicon Red Shocks. I really like how the Rubicon shocks and springs firmed up the ride. Looking forward to a few more upgrades like replacing those ugly plastic bumpers and maybe a set of Rubicon wheels. But that's all I have planned, I mostly drive on pavement and logging roads. No hardcore rock crawling for me. I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Randall
Old 11-18-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Old 11-18-2014, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Randall in NC
Hello All! I've been a Land Rover Discovery owner for years and have been considering purchasing a used LR Defender. One afternoon it hit me, "Why not purchase the US version of the Defender, a Wrangler!" After a little shopping around and studying the options, I am now the owner of a new silver 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport S. It is equipped with the 24S package (Auto Tranny), Max Tow Package (3.73 gears), Trac-Lok Diff, and a painted hard top. Within the first week of ownership, I have added a set of Rubicon Rock Sliders, Rubicon Springs (17/59>18/60), and Rubicon Red Shocks. I really like how the Rubicon shocks and springs firmed up the ride. Looking forward to a few more upgrades like replacing those ugly plastic bumpers and maybe a set of Rubicon wheels. But that's all I have planned, I mostly drive on pavement and logging roads. No hardcore rock crawling for me. I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Randall
I too came from the LandRover family after being away from Jeeps for several years. The JKU you will find is everything and more so than the Discos. Might not be as roomy but beats it everywhere else. Welcome to the Jeep world.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bkeeper
I too came from the LandRover family after being away from Jeeps for several years. The JKU you will find is everything and more so than the Discos. Might not be as roomy but beats it everywhere else. Welcome to the Jeep world.
When I began shopping for a Wrangler, I was surprised the Jeeps could tow so little (3500lbs with the MAX tow package) compared to my Disco (6,000lbs). So I will be keeping the Land Rover around for the hard work
Old 11-18-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

One afternoon it hit me, "Why not purchase the US version of the Defender, a Wrangler!"

Randall
Hmmmm I believe that the Defender is the copy. A good copy at that. But still the copy. Welcome to the club.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

When I began shopping for a Wrangler, I was surprised the Jeeps could tow so little (3500lbs with the MAX tow package) compared to my Disco (6,000lbs). So I will be keeping the Land Rover around for the hard work
Oh boy, not another max tow debate LOL. By the way, the max tow on the defender in the US is also 3500 lbs. Welcome to the madness and enjoy your Jeep.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by holy_crap
Oh boy, not another max tow debate LOL. By the way, the max tow on the defender in the US is also 3500 lbs. Welcome to the madness and enjoy your Jeep.
no, it isn't. I owned a disco 2. It is 5,000 in high range and 7500 in low range.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
no, it isn't. I owned a disco 2. It is 5,000 in high range and 7500 in low range.
I'm not talking about a Discovery II, I said Defender, which is what the OP was originally looking for. 2 different beasts...
Old 11-19-2014, 10:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by holy_crap
I'm not talking about a Discovery II, I said Defender, which is what the OP was originally looking for. 2 different beasts...
I'm not up on specs of the defender. Once I saw what they were getting for a well used unit, I looked no further. The EU version is nice though.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

If I remember correctly the JK like every other Jeep before it is a "light" duty vehicle built for on road and off road capability. If you want a tow vehicle then buy one. They are usually called trucks, well at least where I come from they are, although I hear they are also called lorries. Go figure!

Quick Reply: Land Rover owner now has a 2014 JKU Sport S