Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New guy checking in

Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy checking in

Hey everybody, I'm new to the site and to Jeeps.

Here's a little bio - I bought an 08 JK back in 2009 in North Carolina after I found out I'd be moving out to Colorado. I bought it used and it came with 35" BFG KM2's and what looks like aftermarket springs and shocks (the dealership couldn't give me details and there's no visible markings as to who manufactures them. Bottom line is, I don't know jack about building rigs and I'm still learning alot of the terminology. I just know I always wanted a Jeep and now I have one.

I came back in March from being overseas for a year and now I finally have some money saved up to put into her and I seek the guidance of subject matter experts as yourselves in steering me into the right path. I signed up on Jeep Forum when I was overseas but this seems to be the spot for more JK specific topics for obvious reasons.

I'm looking forward to talking Jeep stuff with all of you!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the Forum!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome home! Hit me up when you come over to the western side of the state or head out to Moab! Always looking for company!!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lilahs Jeep
Welcome home! Hit me up when you come over to the western side of the state or head out to Moab! Always looking for company!!
Thanks! I looked up Fruita, that really is out west! I wouldn't mind taking a weekend trip out that way. We drove to California for leave and I was tempted to turn off of 70 to hit up MOAB. Too bad we were in my wifes 4Runner.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forums.. Let these guys talk you into something you didnt know you needed!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

lol thanks. I registered last week and already started doing mods by chopping the fenders off this weekend. I can see how this can get very addicting!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Willie Pete 505
Hey everybody, I'm new to the site and to Jeeps.

Here's a little bio - I bought an 08 JK back in 2009 in North Carolina after I found out I'd be moving out to Colorado. I bought it used and it came with 35" BFG KM2's and what looks like aftermarket springs and shocks (the dealership couldn't give me details and there's no visible markings as to who manufactures them. Bottom line is, I don't know jack about building rigs and I'm still learning alot of the terminology. I just know I always wanted a Jeep and now I have one.

I came back in March from being overseas for a year and now I finally have some money saved up to put into her and I seek the guidance of subject matter experts as yourselves in steering me into the right path. I signed up on Jeep Forum when I was overseas but this seems to be the spot for more JK specific topics for obvious reasons.

I'm looking forward to talking Jeep stuff with all of you!
Hey man don't feel bad, I also bought mine with 315s and a lift from a dealer who had no clue a few months back. People are very helpful on here. Within 30 min and 7 pics of my lift these guys narrowed down what lift I had based on the thread I started. Have fun spending every dime on your new obsession!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the advice! The first thing I do when I get off of work is take some pics and post them. Would you suggest posting them on Show and Tell? I've spent too much time on this forum already today, I felt like I've accomplished nothing workwise!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Willie Pete 505
Thanks for the advice! The first thing I do when I get off of work is take some pics and post them. Would you suggest posting them on Show and Tell? I've spent too much time on this forum already today, I felt like I've accomplished nothing workwise!
I think I just posted it in the modified jk section with some title like "noob lift question" or something like that.

Quick Reply: New guy checking in