Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New member. Looking for trails in NC

Old 02-26-2018, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member. Looking for trails in NC

Looking for new trails to go on in North Carolina that are not too hard to go on. Right now im working on getting a 3.5" lift for my 07 wrangler unlimited Sahara. Let me know if you have any information for me!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project! There's plenty of folks on this site that can help you get it right.
The following users liked this post:
mweatherford21 (02-28-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. You're a few hours away from Uwharrie OHV which has trails that range from easy to moderately difficult. I've attached one of their maps.
The following users liked this post:
mweatherford21 (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by carid
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project! There's plenty of folks on this site that can help you get it right.
Thank you, Im working on doing some quick modifications throughout March. I am thinking this website will do me some good!
Old 02-28-2018, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Welcome to JK Forum. You're a few hours away from Uwharrie OHV which has trails that range from easy to moderately difficult. I've attached one of their maps.

I will check this out in the near future! Is this a pretty mild, or easy trail starting out off-roading?
Old 03-03-2018, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There are trails there that are not overwhelming. If you are really new to off-roading there are some spots that will get your attention. Daniel and Dickey Bell have some spots. Look at YouTube for these trails at Uwharrie. They will give an idea. Everyone starts off at the Eldorado Outpost, gas, snacks, meet and greet type stuff. It is easy to tag along with a group. Everyone is always very helpful on these trials. From my experience. You will
Old 03-12-2018, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mweatherford21
Looking for new trails to go on in North Carolina that are not too hard to go on. Right now im working on getting a 3.5" lift for my 07 wrangler unlimited Sahara. Let me know if you have any information for me!
Welcome! I'm here in NC as well, Uwharrie is really the biggest we've got. That being said, I have been able to find a bunch of little hidden trails just using Google maps of all things. If you are interested there is a Uwharrie Invasion trip scheduled for the first weekend in May. Its put on by Carolina Trails Off Road and the trip information is on their website.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Da20captain
There are trails there that are not overwhelming. If you are really new to off-roading there are some spots that will get your attention. Daniel and Dickey Bell have some spots. Look at YouTube for these trails at Uwharrie. They will give an idea. Everyone starts off at the Eldorado Outpost, gas, snacks, meet and greet type stuff. It is easy to tag along with a group. Everyone is always very helpful on these trials. From my experience. You will
^^^^ this right here. I've never gone up there and not been able to tag along with a group from Eldorado Outpost. Go there, get a snack.. look some rigs over.. ask to tag along.

And the next post down... yep... Carolina Trails Off Road (CTOR) is on facebook and web... they are family oriented and a great group of people to hang with.

Quick Reply: New member. Looking for trails in NC