Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Newbie saying hi

Old 01-16-2008, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie saying hi

Hi All,

I'm so glad I found this site, it's awesome.

So I have been dreaming about getting a Wrangler for a long time (currently own a Grand Cherokee) but only when the four door version came out was it a practical option for me. For a while now I've been looking at JKs at dealerships in the area, and finally found the one that has everything I want. So after a lot of mulling it over, I applied for financing yesterday and got approved etc. I'll be going over to the dealership in the next few days with my blank check from the finance co, with my game face on of course. Any tips or words of wisdom?

The JK is steel blue (I think that's what the color is called), it is the Rubicon. Has the hard top and the soft top. It has the myGIG nav & entertainment system, although I'm not sure I'm happy about paying an extra $1,000+ for it! Is it worth it?

What else? I think that's all, just wanted to say hi and share my excitement with everyone.....I didn't get a wink of sleep last night....too excited to sleep. I have this huge grin on my face ...my gf thinks I'm nuts.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck and welcome to the forum. BTW if she thinks your nuts now, just wait till after your purchase and then start ripping off brand new parts to upgrade
Old 01-16-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper
Hi All,

I'm so glad I found this site, it's awesome.

The JK is steel blue (I think that's what the color is called), it is the Rubicon. Has the hard top and the soft top. It has the myGIG nav & entertainment system, although I'm not sure I'm happy about paying an extra $1,000+ for it! Is it worth it?

What else? I think that's all, just wanted to say hi and share my excitement with everyone.....I didn't get a wink of sleep last night....too excited to sleep. I have this huge grin on my face ...my gf thinks I'm nuts.
The myGig with nav is worth it, It works well, watching movies while sitting in traffic is great too. If you plan doing some off-road the soft top can take much more abuse than the hard top and is MUCH cheaper to replace. Our Ruby was 31,000 with Mygig, dual top, convenance group, secutity group and 2DR.

Get some sleep.
Kat
Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the new Jeep. I'm with you on wondering if it's worth it. I originally ordered with it, but found one on the lot that had all my requirements when it became clear the order was going to take forever. The one I got didn't have it. I really don't miss it other than having the navigation right there.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to post a pic or two of my new baby.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the dealers around here will throw up internet specials on their websites (sometimes even on the Jeep site)
it can be good leverage.
I got mine less than the price of a 2wd because it sat on the lot for 3 months, seems nobody wanted 1/2 doors at the time.
Oh and welcome, maybe we will see you around at some of the Texas meetings
Old 01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myklt8
Some of the dealers around here will throw up internet specials on their websites (sometimes even on the Jeep site)
it can be good leverage.
I got mine less than the price of a 2wd because it sat on the lot for 3 months, seems nobody wanted 1/2 doors at the time.
Oh and welcome, maybe we will see you around at some of the Texas meetings
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep searching the net.

Yeah I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with other owners. I'd definitely like to hook up with a 4x4 group in the area so I can learn from them, because I'll be very green. My offroad experience is limited to atvs and dirtbikes and an OLD land rover my Dad had when we were kids, that thing would go anywhere. Obviously I didn't have much experience driving, but think I learned a little bit watching him.

Thanks again, Cheers
Old 01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats! You'll love it. I have the same JK (minus the mygig and hard top). Enjoy it!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome! Reading your post reminded me of the excitement we experienced when we ordered our new JK. What a thrill! And even a bigger thrill when we drove it home. We ordered ours without the My-Gig. It bothered us that it might be incentive for thieves to break into the Jeep. I didn't feel strongly enough about it to pay the extra $$$ for it.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks again for all the welcomes!!!

Unfortuantely no news yet. I went into the dealership yesterday and spent about 3 hours trying to argue the price down. I eventually walked out saying "call me if you can figure a way to make this work!" I'm hoping/praying that they will call me some time today. The big sticking point is what they are trying to give me on my trade-in (2002 Grand Cherokee). They completely low-balled it by about $4,500 below blue book....made me furious.

So anyway, buying a new car/jeep/truck/minivan should be a fun and exciting time, why do dealerships insist on making it a miserable time for their customers? I've never just gone in and had an easy purchase.

Sometimes I have fun negotiating with these guys, but yesterday just stressed me out sooooo much.

Quick Reply: Newbie saying hi