Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rubicon - Nov 14-15 - anyone interested?

Old 11-04-2015, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Rubicon - Nov 14-15 - anyone interested?

Hi, we want to run the Rubicon starting from Loon Lake staging area on Nov 14, departing very early, one night back late Nov 15th. Looking for a few other Jeeps to run it with us. I have one other Jeep 70% confirmed. Won't do it unless we get a few others. Obviously the issue will be snow, anyone been up there lately? I know Tahoe received 1-2 feet in the past few days.. Based on the day time temps, it should melt.. But we'll play it by ear and won't go if there is snow on the trail. Who's in? One last run...
If any guides are reading this - I'd be interested in paying a guide if we don't get 1-2 additional Jeeps.
Best,
Mark

Last edited by JamesBond007; 11-04-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added additional information, fixed spelling
Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

You've never been? I am up for it depending on weather.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

I've been as far as Spider Lake earlier this year, but had to turn around due to snow.. We are hoping to go all the way through this trip, but definitely would like someone with us that has done the entire trail before... I had a conversation today with a seasoned RT runner, he lives in Pollock and said he thought weather would be good and no one would be on the trail (unfortunately his rig is stored for the winter). He suggested getting on early Saturday and staying overnight at Buck Island.. and indicated we would most likely be finished by 2pm Sunday.. We are planning on driving up Friday night, staying in Pollock Pines, then getting on trail early Saturday (Loon Lake Staging Area) say 8am.. Let me know when you can confirm and if these times work. And if you can't make it, if you know of others that may be interested.
Thx
Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going up this weekend, I'll let you know about any snow left (seriously doubt there's much of any to sway your decision). It's suppose to snow Sunday, but same thing by the 14th - won't stick enough for you not to go. Buck is my favorite place to camp.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Great - thank you. Btw - awesome Jeep build. Let me know if you know anyone that is going next weekend. Any advice on what to bring on our trip for this time of year? Besides the basics like ham radio, tents, sleeping bags and food.. Are you starting at Loon Lake - going all the way through?
Old 11-06-2015, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JamesBond007
Great - thank you. Btw - awesome Jeep build. Let me know if you know anyone that is going next weekend. Any advice on what to bring on our trip for this time of year? Besides the basics like ham radio, tents, sleeping bags and food.. Are you starting at Loon Lake - going all the way through?
Thx. This time of year? Outside the ordinary, wood and warm clothes (Eldorado fire restrictions lifted! ). Shovel (take care of campfire afterwards, plus really a good idea to have one regardless time of year.). Going all the way through.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

I am in depending on the weather and if you can afford my guide services 19.9free. Been across 8 or more times.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Great info - I hadn't thought about fire wood.. thought i could scrounge up wood when we get there.. I'll bring some..

Sounds good on coming next weekend - fee? 19.9free? what did you mean?
Old 11-06-2015, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JamesBond007
Great info - I hadn't thought about fire wood.. thought i could scrounge up wood when we get there.. I'll bring some..

Sounds good on coming next weekend - fee? 19.9free? what did you mean?
In your original post you mentioned a guide. I am offering my services for 19.9free empasis on free. It's a little joke.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

absolutely would be great to have you as a guide! Looking forward to it. I'm open to fees!! Absolutely..

Quick Reply: Rubicon - Nov 14-15 - anyone interested?