Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Brut4ce! gone 2 door now!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Subscribed!

Looking forward to seeing this build
Lol this will be a long build.....not really but it will be in between stuff and its gonna be WORK more than play to ensure it stays focused.....I will start cutting sooner than later bit need to prototype stuff off this and another 4dr before I chop it up....

This will be my answer to a buggy, not quite buggy status but can be driven to trail and beat on....
Old 04-21-2013, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dhpinned
Lol this will be a long build.....not really but it will be in between stuff and its gonna be WORK more than play to ensure it stays focused.....I will start cutting sooner than later bit need to prototype stuff off this and another 4dr before I chop it up....

This will be my answer to a buggy, not quite buggy status but can be driven to trail and beat on....
Well you have a 4-dr right around the corner from you to prototype stuff on if you need it.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Oooo does the offer still stand for me to come and wrench?!? Eh eh?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Former Member

OK did some work on the jeep today did the led lights flush mount and decided to chop the rear frame and make a angled higher departure angle...
It shaved 7" off the bottom and 4 off the top raised the back section 5.5" and the exhaust will be removed and relocated on the side near the frame in front of the axle so the rear will be WIDE open....

I'll start making the rear bumper in the next day or so tomorrow is crowned brake lines and pick up front d44 along with ordering rcvs for it chromoly axles and all the sleeves, gussettes etc...also grabbing a front bumper till I decide what I'm going to do up there...
Fenders and side armor will be started this week as well.

Last edited by BRUT4CE; 04-26-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you make the light deletes or did you buy them?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by grundiesel
Did you make the light deletes or did you buy them?
Made em....simple and work...
I ripped my plate and lights off 4 times total on the last jeep so it is a first on the list mod...
Made templates this time around so I can rip em out with the plasma quicker.

I'll be making most of the stuff including arms and steering on this...if I run longer I might buy some parts but there's so many little things I can do to get more flex out of it because I'm tabbing/cutting and welding I'm not limited.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a set of front JK seats for sale if you're interested in mounting them in the back
Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Saw your tail light mod over on JKowners. Hope you don't mind me copying.

Are you going to try and build a hitch receiver into that bumper? Thinking of cutting mine but I need a hitch from time to time.

Sent from my thingy.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
I've got a set of front JK seats for sale if you're interested in mounting them in the back
That's an idea....lol might take you up on that...

Mr.ed
Yeah I'm planning on welding the hitch back in there, did the exhaust with a dump in front of the axle today I'll relocate the evap tomorrow...started cutting templates to box the rear frame in again it'll take a few days I need to integrate the hitch in....it will be recessed so a extension will be needed.

Ordered my 2.5" PS backup lights today, my d44 fell through had bent C's and I have no desire to cut and reweld them....so I'm on the hunt besides it had sleeves and I want 35 spline rcv's so I need a base housing.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dhpinned
That's an idea....lol might take you up on that...

Mr.ed
Yeah I'm planning on welding the hitch back in there, did the exhaust with a dump in front of the axle today I'll relocate the evap tomorrow...started cutting templates to box the rear frame in again it'll take a few days I need to integrate the hitch in....it will be recessed so a extension will be needed.
Hell yeah. Be interested to see how your's turns out. Did you use a sawzall on the rear or cutting wheel?

Quick Reply: Brut4ce! gone 2 door now!