Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer

Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is some updated info on the product I just received:

For those who already own an android based device Superchips will be offering the “AVID” a Bluetooth Dongle that provides the link between those Android based products and the Superchips VIVID tuning app.

Plans are to release AVID in Summer 2011.

For those inquiring about Mac applications. I was told that we are still looking into Apple operating system (e.g. iPhone). At this time we do not have a definitive answer on iPhone compatibility or an Apple based device. It is a closed operating system making development longer and more difficult. Android is an open source operating system making our time to market much quicker and the features we deliver better making it the logical choice for the first product to be released from the VIVID and AVID families.

Scott

Last edited by Scott@Superchips; 11-03-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Sweet, I just got a HTC EVO 4G, hopefully this will be compatible.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Im so a Technoholic and this new product has got my fingers itching. Is there a video or demo showing the new Superchip in action? Also, if one where to buy the new Superchip what all is included in the packaging?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Do not search for "vivid video" at work. Just sayin'...
Old 11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Scott will this be released prior to the EJS? I'd love to have it dialed in prior to Moab and I know release dates are just targets...so what's your gut tell you for release date? Is February a 90% chance release date or 10%? Also, any chance the JK-Forum might see a pre-order deal?? Really love the concept and have wondered why something like this wasn't already been made available (used to have an Mitsubishi EVO and they've had the in-cab programmers for a while now).
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

awesome, thinking I should just wait on ordering my programmer for this instead. I just received those archos android units at work, and they are very nice.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

This is a very cool idea!!

Cant wait to see it come out!!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

The plan for release is sometime in early Spring. I hope to get a date nailed down here soon along with pricing. I will update this thread the minute more info gets to me down the pipeline.

I will mention pre order options to management in our next meeting to see what they say.

Scott

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Scott will this be released prior to the EJS? I'd love to have it dialed in prior to Moab and I know release dates are just targets...so what's your gut tell you for release date? Is February a 90% chance release date or 10%? Also, any chance the JK-Forum might see a pre-order deal?? Really love the concept and have wondered why something like this wasn't already been made available (used to have an Mitsubishi EVO and they've had the in-cab programmers for a while now).
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

From what info I have been given so far, the Archos will come with the Superchips tuning app pre installed and a bluetooth dongle for wireless transfer. No word yet on mounting options for in cabin display.

The Avid option provides a user with the Blue tooth dongle and an unspecified way to download the app to your existing droid product.

Scott

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Im so a Technoholic and this new product has got my fingers itching. Is there a video or demo showing the new Superchip in action? Also, if one where to buy the new Superchip what all is included in the packaging?
Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

If you are looking for someone to test this unit at a higher elevation, I would be happy to test one out for you guys we usually run around 9,000-14,000 ft in the mountains...I'm just sayin...

Quick Reply: A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer