Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift - Spacers?

Old 12-08-2008, 05:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doc307
Like I said above they came with my 2.5" coil lift and Joe with Teraflex told me if I did not use them the rear would be 1/2" lower than the front. So I take that to mean they are supposed to come with the kit.
If that's the case they must be a new addition to this kit as they did not come in mine. I just wonder why spacers would come with a kit that has 4 new coils ???
Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
If that's the case they must be a new addition to this kit as they did not come in mine. I just wonder why spacers would come with a kit that has 4 new coils ???
They allow you to fine tune your suspension more. If your sitting a little higher at one then you remove the spacers. Sure you don't have to install them if you don't want to.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Sure you don't have to install them if you don't want to.
This isn't about "wanting" to install them or not. I installed my kit according to the provided instructions and ended up with "extra" parts that I need for a level install. After measuring I see the rear is low, so I will need to tear down and start over in the back. Any suggestions on removing the new gas shocks without a wrestling match would be helpful.

I know you've had similar feedback on this point from others, but I'll add that the installation guides provided with your products need improvement. Even simple things like noting what size socket or wrench is needed would save some meaningful time.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any suggestions on how to pull the gas shocks out without a fight. Better yet, is it possible I'll be able to drop the coils out without having to remove the shocks, or will they bottom out before I get sufficient clearance?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift - Spacers?