Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Trouble w/ Hypertech post here

Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsig
I have had my Jeep programed since 02/03/08 and not one problem and I felt a big difference with a lot more power at low RPM's... On and off the road!

To see my Jeep in Action go to http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
wow!!! you sure love posting pictures of your jeep, don't you?

this isn't a "post here if your hypertech works" thread.

Last edited by mcnaught6; 02-19-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hope you get a solid answer soon...I am waiting to put my order in!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Talked to tech at Hypertech today who then put me through to their engineering department.
I was told I have the AE engine and their progammers are only good up to the AD engines.
Chysler has yet to give them the information they need to make programers for AE engines.
He said Chysler can take up to 6 months to release information. My truck was made in Oct.
So....according to him, pre Oct. Jeeps can be progamed. At his advice, I returned the unit to 4x4parts today. I am on their e-mail list to know when to buy a unit, he thinks in about 2 months.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tried to install my Hypertech today, get the 6D code too. Tried to update and get "Return Code: 0304" and will not update.
Of course Hypertech support will be closed I guess untill Tuesday?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default What Should I Buy From Hypertech and Where???

Darnell,

Thanks for being here! Great dedication and support from Hypertech.

I have a 2008 JK Sahara Unlimited and want to improve HP/Torq. I've seen the problems from other users with the 520001 Hypertech product...what should I buy from you, and where can I get it?

I bought the vehicle new in late November, installing an aFe stage 2 intake, what additional info do you need to advise above info?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

hmm appears as mine is not changing the speedometer now, the power upgrade does still work though :(

sad :(
Old 02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default No Go On Mine

Darnell I tried mine this weekend and even though it states a successful program it hasn't changed anything as far as I can tell. No real difference in the power (regular setting) programing but the big one is absolutely no change in speedo when programed. I tried 34.75" and it's exactly the same as it was before. I verified with my GPS and I was getting 10-20 ft. accuracy with the WASS enabled. I haven't changed gears yet so I made no adjustment to that setting or the cooling fan.
I've got a Sept. of 07 build 2dr X. It came stock with the 17" rims and 32.1" tires, 4.10 gears and auto transmission. I've put on 35"(34.7) in tires and haven't regeared yet but will be going to 5.13's next week. If you guys can get this figured out.
Sure seems like it really didn't do a thing even though it states a successful program. I'll try to contact tech support on Monday but that may be a little tough since I'll be at work while your tech support is open. If you have any suggestion/solutions I'd appreciate them. Tried to give any info you may need. Should all the calibration numbers be the same? Thanks for you time to help us out here.

TUNER STATUS SCREEN INFO
S/N 1296434
P /N 52001
FIRMWARE 70.16.8.23
HARDWARE P25
VIN 1J4FA24107L110037
CALIBRATIONS 05094097AK IS SUPPORTED
05094097AK NOT SUPPORTED
05094097AK NOT SUPPORTED
05094097AK IS SUPPORTED
Old 02-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Originally Posted by cnewton858
Just tried to install my Hypertech today, get the 6D code too. Tried to update and get "Return Code: 0304" and will not update.
Of course Hypertech support will be closed I guess untill Tuesday?
It's open today.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Originally Posted by o2dac2000
I get the code 6D..need update...I tried to connect it to the internet for the update like it said to... than went back out to reprogram the jeep again and it said the same thing after I got the update from the internet. What to do next???

I checked the software and it's up to date it says the calibration is 05187474AE Not Supported ?????
There should be an update released to tomorrow that will support your calibration.

I know its frustrating when you receive a calibration not supported error, but they are just part of the game. I’m sure you all know that when you take a vehicle in for service the dealer will often flash your computer. They do that because periodically the manufactures release updates (new calibrations) to resolve certain issues. Since the update is new and isn’t in our tuning library the programmer doesn’t recognize it.

Now back in the PPIII days if you received a calibration not found error you had to send your programmer back to Hypertech so it could be updated to support your calibration. However now with the Max Energy and it being internet updateable calibration not found errors can be solved in a few business days.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Originally Posted by jeepik
hmm appears as mine is not changing the speedometer now, the power upgrade does still work though :(

sad :(
It worked before, but now it doesn't work? Did you attempt to program in a different tire size?

Quick Reply: Trouble w/ Hypertech post here