Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 autostick switch

Old 10-18-2020, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 autostick switch

Hi all, I have tried searching and can't seem to find anything on this. I was wondering if anyone knew or could find the part number for the little switch that tells the automatic trans to upshift/downshift when you bump the lever left or right? There are 2 little tabs that the shifter bumps against for upshift or downshift and one of those tabs broke on mine. I pulled the little switch module and it has a number printed on it 10365751 however either my google fu is lacking or this isn't something you can buy separately from the entire shifter assembly? A trip to the dealer is the next option but I avoid that place as much as possible.

thanks,
Brad
Old 10-18-2020, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

I think the dealer is going to try and sell you a new shifter unit for about $250-300. Be careful with the cable casing tabs on the shifter when reinstalling if it gets that far. The cable goes in easy but if you have to remove it again then the tab can break. That way a guy doing a Chev LS/LT conversion from manual will buy your old shifter as they use the steering wheel paddle shifter.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

If I have to buy a new shifter assembly then the jeep will no longer have manual shifting. Next step is to try an online wrecking yard and see if they can send me a switch separately.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure what type of wheeling you do but for medium to heavy off roading you will probably miss manual shift. Just wondering how the switch broke the tab off in the first place.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

No joy at an online wrecking yard and the dealer did want to sell me an entire shifter for this little switch. I'm pretty sure the switch broke because it was gummed up with crud. We are at least the 3rd owner of the jeep. The wife inherited it from her dad. Taking apart the shifter revealed so much crud I swear it was bathed in soda or something. So it being sticky probably led to the little tab breaking off. My next move is to take the switch apart, clean everything up, and thread something into the plastic along with a bit of jb weld to see if I can make the bolt stay attached to the sliding switch. The last effort will involve getting a used shifter just to get the switch. I'm kinda wondering if I could just wire something up along with a rocker switch on the dash. It's honestly just a commuter and kick around on the weekend ride and only sees 4low when I need to pull a crape myrtle out of the ground which it has done a few times quite well. Maybe one day I'll get to build it up but it's not my ride so I just keep it running.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Its only a 3 wire setup so you can use a toggle switch with common tap up/tap dn connections. I have 1 left over from my Motech conversion so have taken the picture as the Jeep wire colours match with the switch wires so long as you wire it the same. The switch is a SPDT (single pole double throw). I used the new 2012+ shifter setup with tap.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Forgot to attach the picture.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

There is a Jeep shifter that you need on Ebay for $100. Do a search for "2012 Jeep Auto shifter Ebay" Looks like it has the switch you need.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

[Brad - same problem - bought a new Mopar OEM shifter in eBay for $140. Have not installed yet, but it does come with the switch. If anyway has personally done the swap I'd like to know about it. Thanks!

QUOTE=bradntx;4369859]Hi all, I have tried searching and can't seem to find anything on this. I was wondering if anyone knew or could find the part number for the little switch that tells the automatic trans to upshift/downshift when you bump the lever left or right? There are 2 little tabs that the shifter bumps against for upshift or downshift and one of those tabs broke on mine. I pulled the little switch module and it has a number printed on it 10365751 however either my google fu is lacking or this isn't something you can buy separately from the entire shifter assembly? A trip to the dealer is the next option but I avoid that place as much as possible.

thanks,
Brad[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: 2012 autostick switch