Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 Auto Climate Control - Does it Work?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Auto Climate Control - Does it Work?

I'm looking into buying a 2013 JKUR (if I do, I will sell my 2007 JKUR) and I'm trying to define the options that I want to have in it. I've read a few threads that mention the auto climate control in the 2012 JKUs doesn't work very well. A major complaint is that the A/C seems to be on constantly and that it doesn't really maintain the cabin temperature.

If you have a 2013 (or a 2012), I would appreciate your experience/opinion.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-20-2012, 02:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know about it on the jk but the Chevy and dodges I've owned seemed to always blow but it would adjust how hard it blew and how cold it it blew. So it did constantly stay on but was making adjustments, I would think the jk would be the same. I have a 2011 jku so I have the new interior and my AC kicks butt without climate control
Old 08-20-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

I did not chose the auto feature on my 2013, my last vehicle had it and I never used it. It does come with an air filter but for $155 plus the cost of a filter every so often I didn't think it was worth it.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:45 PM
JK Newbie

Flip94ta,

When you used it, did it work?

I'm wondering because I know my wife would prefer to keep her side warmer than I like. She tends to close her vents after riding with me for even short drives.

Thank you,
Matt
Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 AM
JK Newbie

We like it and have had no problems. You basically turn it to the desired temp and forget about it. Also, works great with the remote start. My 12 rubi is only 30 days old. All my Chevrolet pickups have had it and never gives me a problem.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattAlpha
Flip94ta,

When you used it, did it work?

I'm wondering because I know my wife would prefer to keep her side warmer than I like. She tends to close her vents after riding with me for even short drives.

Thank you,
Matt
Unfortunately, it's not a dual zone system. Other than that it does work well most of the time. You'll probably want to override it sometimes though. I find it has the most trouble when the weather is warm and overcast. It's like if it doesn't see the sun or senses too much humidity it will go into defrost mode. But at least the auto position is only one indent away from panel on the knob, so it's an easy fix.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

I mentioned that I didn't buy it. It's not a dual zone like our last one was. Dual zone is a better feature than the auto setting but it's not offered. Have you considered heated seats? That was my answer to losing dual zone.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would imagine it would depend on having a hard top vs soft for its insulation and sealing advantages. Also they make insulation panels u could instal to help this out. The dealership told me that many people complain of it running nonstop with this option because of the lack of insulation.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2012 2 door soft top with auto temp in the desert and it work great. Set the temp you want and the fan speed and air vent outlets adjust automatically.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah it's not dual zone climate control. But it does work.

It's just that in Texas, during the summer its really hard for it to get it down to a set temp anyways. But at night, it will keep the Jeep from getting too chilly for my tastes.

Just don't push the tropical storm button or thunderstorm button on the climate control...especially if you have leather.

Quick Reply: 2013 Auto Climate Control - Does it Work?