Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 oil leak

Old 04-25-2016, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 oil leak

It's noticed some oil running down both sides of transmission. Engine oil. Can't find any from the top of the block, but can't get behind far enough to see or feel. Levels are still good, hasn't dropped on my oil pad yet, but there is a little on the transmission cross member. Still under warranty, 2 week wait to get it in to the dealership. Anyone have a similar leak story and maybe a guess as to what I'm looking at here?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1578296913.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	481.2 KB
ID:	645053  
Old 04-26-2016, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AMPDinCOLORADO
It's noticed some oil running down both sides of transmission. Engine oil. Can't find any from the top of the block, but can't get behind far enough to see or feel. Levels are still good, hasn't dropped on my oil pad yet, but there is a little on the transmission cross member. Still under warranty, 2 week wait to get it in to the dealership. Anyone have a similar leak story and maybe a guess as to what I'm looking at here?
There was another post about this subject here somewhere not long ago.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:07 AM
JK Junkie

For your reading enjoyment!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...oblems-303650/
Old 04-26-2016, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack
yeah when I looked before I posted I saw that, however the details of the leak didn't match up.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:28 AM
JK Junkie

the leak is probably from the same spot on yours just following a different path down.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had the oil changed recently? My last oil change the grease monkey hosed up the rubber o-ring on the oil filter housing. Oil went everywhere.

While it's a shot in the dark, it's easy to check the housing while you're waiting to get into the dealer.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ampdincolorado
it's noticed some oil running down both sides of transmission. Engine oil. Can't find any from the top of the block, but can't get behind far enough to see or feel. Levels are still good, hasn't dropped on my oil pad yet, but there is a little on the transmission cross member. Still under warranty, 2 week wait to get it in to the dealership. Anyone have a similar leak story and maybe a guess as to what i'm looking at here?
i have the same issue right now but it started after the dealer worked on the head to eliminate the ticking noise. Now they want to charge me to diagnose this saying this particular issue would not be under warranty.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I’d write Chrysler a nasty gram. If you didn’t have a leak before it should be warranted under their just performed maintenance.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i just found out my 2012 is doing the same. mine is the dreaded filter/cooler....
gonna be a long day when parts arrive.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Changing the cooler isn't that bad. 4-5 hours max. Cleanup takes awhile but once your in there it not that hard there are just a fair amount of steps to follow. motor city mechanic on YouTube has a good step by step with torque values. Make sure you get the intake gaskets also

Quick Reply: 2014 oil leak