Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

6 Speed Owners!

Old 02-26-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
U can get o rings from parts stores or online. U just need the correct size.
we tried that, its not just an o-ring its like a molded rubber nipple type thing
Old 02-26-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHREKICON

we tried that, its not just an o-ring its like a molded rubber nipple type thing
Are u referring to the bleeder?? That's on the outside??
Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Turns out this is part of the clutch line. Had to order the clutch line for one nipple on the end of it haha... We did a automatic to 6 speed swap successfully in my 07!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Bump on this necro thread- my slave is functioning fine but makes a creak sound. Replacing the slave is a little over $1000 at the dealer......thanks but no.

I'll be doing it myself sooner or later as the dealer claims the noise isn't causing any damage to the trans or parts. Oh yeah- slave isn't covered under 5yr/ 100k powertrain warranty, nor is diagnostic of such.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone had luck getting the slave replaced under warranty?
Old 07-04-2014, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 93cbra
Has anyone had luck getting the slave replaced under warranty?
Highly doubt it would be my starter just went on my jeep it's 3yrs old with 40k on it and it wasn't covered I figured it would be since it's still under 5yr/100k but it's not part of the power train I just replaced it myself. I'm pretty sure the slave is a cheap part think it's under 100. If you need it replaced just do it your self and save yourself the hassle of dealing with asshole dealers.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Installed slave and bled line 5 times.
Drove to town to test drive and get gas. As I drove, the clutch got shallow, but was still working. Drove to a parking lot, backed the rear wheels up on the curb so as to elevate the bleeder valve.
Bled the line 3 times and having the rear elevated worked great. Clutch and shifting we’re both smooth all the way home.
I didn’t want to work the plunger on the slave because it would make it difficult to get it into the trans, so I opted to try it another way.
Glad it’s done! Hopefully I don’t have to do it for another 65k miles!
first post!

Quick Reply: 6 Speed Owners!