Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Backspacing?

Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the install of the TF SS...theoretically if it wasn't good and tight you could have gotten some wobble/vibrations that cause other components to eventually fail...though I doubt this is the case because you would have deffinitely noticed that type of issue driving down the street rather than just hearing clunking sounds.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its more than just clunking. Its like every little bump in the road is giving a shot to the suspension and I can feel feel every little thing in the steering wheel. I am getting new springs and shocks put on Thursday so I will have them check the Teraflex SS then.

I think it was nice and tight but I had to install it backwards for space reasons. Teraflex claims that is ok though.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Part of a lift, I presume? Remember the pics for us all when they get it finished.

Quick Reply: Backspacing?