Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

check engine light comes on and no throttle responce

Old 04-01-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Paul
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...on-4dr-279185/

^ same issue, different thread........
thank you for the link.. Mine is at the dealer today getting the oil pump replaced.. they said that there is an new oil pump with a new part number that is supposed to fix the issue .. I will try to get the #'s and post them ..
Old 04-02-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

well got her back today with the new oil pump.. the part number listed on my invoice is ( 68138644AB Pump-Engine Oil ) so Im hoping that this is my last post in this thread and I am on to other problems
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

CEL again last week, accelerating at higher RPM, uphill. Throttle killed and CEL lit up. Drove straight to dealership and insisted that they pull the code. They got P06dd again. Said I had to wait a week to get an appointment so they could troubleshoot. 4 hours later, the CEL turned off. Brought it in for appointment today, dealer said they need to replace the oil pump and do a control module update. Too bad it took so many appointments and the better part of a year to finally replace the oil pump. UGH.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:18 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I'm assuming that the faulty oil pressure switch & primarily the bad oil pump (ref P06DD code) is just on the 2013's and/or 2013+.....

Last edited by DJ1; 02-25-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going through the same exact thing and it's beyond F@&$#%# annoying ! I've been dealing with this for about 6 months and I finally got it into a local shop while the check engine light was still on. Power cutting off while trying to merge onto the highway or just accelerate up any kind of hill. The check engine light would come on and stay on for a few days and then as soon as my schedule allowed and I'm going to bring it in , poof it would go out again ! So today code P06DD and from what I've read on this thread I'm in for even more aggravation ......

Last edited by DEADRABBIT31; 03-16-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

I have been getting CEL after scanning It was the PO5DD code. I changed the oil and filter. I bought molar this time to replace the wix filter I got at big box auto store. I notice the difference in wix vs mopar. Wix has a more restrictive design. It was deformed like it was imploding The oil was maybe 2000 miles into oil was still translucent as I run 5w30 Castrols edge. Wix filter was my issue I had recently added new exhaust that really woke up the engine. I believe the filter is too restrictive for exhaust and performance fuel maps to keep the dual stage oil sensor apply. Just my opinion. My CEL is off with zero issues!

Quick Reply: check engine light comes on and no throttle responce