Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

clutch/transmission

Old 03-19-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubi4life
yea it was the clutch, its gone. gotta get replaced. my dads taking it away for a long time.
How old are you?

i burned thorough a few clutches in my first six months of driving.

my dad was a bastard he made me replace everyone of them in the drive way. (thanks Dad)
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and we'll have fun fun fun 'til my daddy takes my JK away I couldn't resist
Old 03-20-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

im 17. went through one the first month from mudding and what not and this time from spinning donughts in a field..according to Chrysler..
Old 03-20-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What everyone else said.....that is pretty drastic going into 2nd when you are going 35mph. Surprised you didn't burn your belt to.......might want to check it......
Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Buy a sports car if you want to do aggressive driving like that: leave the Jeep at home.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FinallyJO
Buy a sports car if you want to do aggressive driving like that: leave the Jeep at home.
The kid is just asking for answers, not a lecture about how or how not to drive.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stonewhite
What everyone else said.....that is pretty drastic going into 2nd when you are going 35mph. Surprised you didn't burn your belt to.......might want to check it......
It is if you do not know what your doing, not so if you do.

OP it does sound like you are in need of some drivers training, suggest you take a coarse in rally racing or auto X before trying the self taught route on someone ealses vehicle.

I also have and do donuts in the grass/gravel& snow and all sorts of other aggresive driving (as most people call it) without damaging anything. just takes a little know how. Rev matching between shifts, knowing were the power band is in every gear, making sure that shifts are smooth and modual not sloppy & violent, and most importantly how to read the terrain to pick the right gear you need to be in before you get their for some basics in driving.

Smooth and fast wins races, slow and jerky looses them and sometimes not even finish them.

Quick Reply: clutch/transmission