Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cruise control doesn't work?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cruise control never works which sucks because I use it all the time. I have my check engine light on with no codes presented with the built code reader. No airbag light displayed. Haven't had the opportunity to disconnect the battery yet.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by PAwrangler08
My cruise control never works which sucks because I use it all the time. I have my check engine light on with no codes presented with the built code reader. No airbag light displayed. Haven't had the opportunity to disconnect the battery yet.
I drove my mountaineer for several years without cruise. No codes. However I then bought a more expensive reader capable of reading ABS codes on domestic vehicles. It showed a fault in a sensor on top of the master cylinder. The part only cost $12 and took 5 minutes to install. Basically it was the sensor that determines you've hit your brakes which shuts the cruise off. Because the sensor was bad it would never let it go into cruise control.

Quick Reply: Cruise control doesn't work?