Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dealership meased up my jeep >:(

Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer messed up my jeep >:(

On Christmas Day while traveling home for the holidays my 2007 wrangler threw a bearing and locked up cylinder number 4. I was 500 miles from home so we had to get a hotel for 4 days and rent a car to get home ( left the jeep in Sioux falls). I have an extended warranty and got authorized to get a new motor from jeep, all I had to pay was $100 deductible. Jeep told me that the wrangler would be ready for pick up today, so we drove 500 miles back to Sioux Falls to get it, and drove to a hotel. I have noticed that there is a very strange "vibration" that seems like something is "loose". The jeep handles perfect, it has all of its power, brakes feel good, no shake in the wheel nothing.It's just a annoying noise that wasn't there when I dropped off the jeep for repair. Another thing that I've noticed in the 10 miles I've driven since getting the jeep back is my factory sub no longer works >:( checked all the fuses and all are good. Lastly it looks like the idiot that filled all the fluids after the engine swap didn't use a funnel...really how hard is it to put oil and antifreeze in a car with out splashing it everywhere. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?
Thanks,

Last edited by Spyhop; 01-04-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I was still in the location of the dealership I would head right back and throw a fit. I see that you have driven quite a distance to pick it up. If you are back in your home location then I would see if a local dealership that you used could help get things back in order.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by justjeff
If I was still in the location of the dealership I would head right back and throw a fit. I see that you have driven quite a distance to pick it up. If you are back in your home location then I would see if a local dealership that you used could help get things back in order.
I'm still in town where I picked up the jeep. I'm heading back there first thing in the morning. I just can't afford financially to be stuck in a hotel for to long.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

No worries it will get fixed, but good grief what a inconvience.

Sent from my i5 using just one thumb and tapatalk
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spyhop

I'm still in town where I picked up the jeep. I'm heading back there first thing in the morning. I just can't afford financially to be stuck in a hotel for to long.
That sucks... I hope they take care of you!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

The sub issue, no telling, but the fluid spills unacceptable. They should make that right.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ILMBrian
The sub issue, no telling, but the fluid spills unacceptable. They should make that right.
I have one of those adjustable bass boost modules that is always turned to the right (max setting).... Always. I noticed that it was cranked all the way to the left (minimum setting) when I got in.....the knob now does not change the bass what so ever now grrrrrr.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have one of those adjustable bass boost modules that is always turned to the right (max setting).... Always. I noticed that it was cranked all the way to the left (minimum setting) when I got in.....the knob now does not change the bass what so ever now grrrrrr.
Sounds like they took it for a joy ride and did some damage.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

On Christmas Day while traveling home for the holidays my 2007 wrangler threw a bearing and locked up cylinder number 4. I was 500 miles from home so we had to get a hotel for 4 days and rent a car to get home ( left the jeep in Sioux falls). I have an extended warranty and got authorized to get a new motor from jeep, all I had to pay was $100 deductible. Jeep told me that the wrangler would be ready for pick up today, so we drove 500 miles back to Sioux Falls to get it, and drove to a hotel. I have noticed that there is a very strange "vibration" that seems like something is "loose". The jeep handles perfect, it has all of its power, brakes feel good, no shake in the wheel nothing.It's just a annoying noise that wasn't there when I dropped off the jeep for repair. Another thing that I've noticed in the 10 miles I've driven since getting the jeep back is my factory sub no longer works >:( checked all the fuses and all are good. Lastly it looks like the idiot that filled all the fluids after the engine swap didn't use a funnel...really how hard is it to put oil and antifreeze in a car with out splashing it everywhere. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?
Thanks,
Call 1-800-CHRYSLER and see if u can bring it to ur local dealer so u don't have to drive far, don't fly off the handle with them either.......I had a problem with a dealer here's the thread about it https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...r-jeep-256870/ they should take care of us though local I would hope.......Good luck!

Last edited by Jersey_Devil; 01-04-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

Call 1-800-CHRYSLER and see if u can bring it to ur local dealer so u don't have to drive far, don't fly off the handle with them either.......I had a problem with a dealer here's the thread about it https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...r-jeep-256870/ they should take care of us though local I would hope.......Good luck!
Any of you guys know anything about Lucas Jeep or Dodge City Jeep of Burlington here in South Jersey?

Quick Reply: Dealership meased up my jeep >:(