Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dealership meased up my jeep >:(

Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by supercrawler

Any of you guys know anything about Lucas Jeep or Dodge City Jeep of Burlington here in South Jersey?
Never delt with them.... The only other jeep dealer I've been to was where ingot my rubi at Lansdale Chrysler in PA...... I'd like to find a closer dealer.... Lemme know if u goto them
Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about lilliston jeep in Millville? I'm looking for a reputable jeep dealer for service in SJ also. Just asking around for opinions
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM
JK Newbie

We should have a South Jersey Service Dept Thread
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Kill'em !!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know the dealer here in Sioux Falls. Main reason I drove 180 miles away to buy my 2012. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Just got off the phone with Greg, he was very defensive about the spilled fluids. He said it was normal for the type of job that they did and they were in a rush to get my jeep back to me. Them he said that his tech didn't have much time to drive the jeep after he completed it, so he didn't hear the vibration noise it's making. Greg basically pulled a "it's not our fault" your sub doesn't work the tech is 40 years old blah blah
I forgot to mention before the tech broke the starter when pulling the engine out, so the dealership paid for a new one....that's nice that they paid for it,but how in the hell do you brake a starter!?!

At the end of my conversation with Greg he gave me two options. 1 wait until Monday ( it cost me $150 a night here with my family and I can't afford it) or option 2 take it to my jeep dealer locally and if they find something Sioux Falls messed up they will pay for it......but I don't really trust that they will going off the verbiage Greg used.

Last edited by Spyhop; 01-05-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyhop
Just got off the phone with Greg, he was very defensive about the spilled fluids. He said it was normal for the type of job that they did and they were in a rush to get my jeep back to me. Them he said that his tech didn't have much time to drive the jeep after he completed it, so he didn't hear the vibration noise it's making. Greg basically pulled a "it's not our fault" your sub doesn't work the tech is 40 years old blah blah
I forgot to mention before the tech broke the starter when pulling the engine out, so the dealership paid for a new one....that's nice that they paid for it,but how in the hell do you brake a starter!?!

At the end of my conversation with Greg he gave me two options. 1 wait until Monday ( it cost me $150 a night here with my family and I can't afford it) or option 2 take it to my jeep dealer locally and if they find something Sioux Falls messed up they will pay for it......but I don't really trust that they will going off the verbiage Greg used.
150 is cheap compared to fighting with them over paying another dealer. I think you are stuck. some insurances have break down coverage that pay for lodgeing check that.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt

150 is cheap compared to fighting with them over paying another dealer. I think you are stuck. some insurances have break down coverage that pay for lodgeing check that.
It's $150 a night, it would be two nights to get me through Monday, and what happens if they need to order parts or they can't figure it out? It could turn into a few more nights stay. The warranty company pays for the first 5 days up to $75 a day. It's been 10 days already
Old 01-05-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the dealership should be putting you up in the hotel...

I would not drive it with a rattle, you don't know if something is gonna fail or fall off on the highway driving home. You have your family with you, you need to be confident in their safety!!!

Quick Reply: Dealership meased up my jeep >:(