Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Deep Water - Post Trail Maintenance?

Old 11-18-2007, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deep Water - Post Trail Maintenance?

Hey guys,

Alright, so a few friends and I ran a trail that was flooded and caked in ice. Here's the kind of stuff we're talking about (JK is on 35s and 3-4" lift):

Anyway, I was wondering the kind of stuff I should check post-trail. My diff breather tubes are extended, so I'm pretty sure my diffs are ok. My buddies will have to change their diff oil though. :-) My air box looked good. Some splashing into the opening, but the engine should be ok. I'm more worried about my t-case and transmission. Do they have breather tubes? Kinda late know to ask the question, ey? :-) Should I change the oil in both?

I'll post a few more pics in the Trails & Tales section...

js.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Need to check the gear oil in the pumpkins for water also.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The transmission and the transfer case have breathers on them that go into the engine compartment from what I've been told. But, I haven't tracked them specifically.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey Js

Went To Have A Look They Run Up Behind The Engine Block And Out On The Passenger Side To A Vaccum System So I Don't Think That The Is Any Water In That Way But How Ever The Boots Might Let Something In But

Take Care Man That Was A Nice Run Fast Too 2.2 Km/hr Lol

7.8km Ttl Minus Lunch Time
Old 11-18-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by -MAW-
Went To Have A Look They Run Up Behind The Engine Block And Out On The Passenger Side To A Vaccum System So I Don't Think That The Is Any Water In That Way But How Ever The Boots Might Let Something In But
Matthew,

Do you have a picture of those t-case and trans breathers? I'd like to check the 'splash pattern' around mine. I might send Melanie over to Guy Couture's garage tomorrow for a complete fluid change (I have to work, while she's in-between contracts). I'm pretty sure my diff and engine oil are good though. Not sure about the t-case. It gave a little knock this morning as we took off, as if some gears were stuck. Might be caused by a little water in the t-case maybe.

js.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey Js

Cant Get My Arm In There Let Alone The Camera But She Runs Straight Along The Top

Then Up The Fire Wall Could Feel It W/t My Fingers
Old 11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Mark Is Next To Me Crying Cant Beleive What I Did Stock
Old 11-18-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Starting not to regret my decision not to go.... Can we find a trail with LESS MUD? More Trail...

Quick Reply: Deep Water - Post Trail Maintenance?