Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Driver Side door lock not working

Old 02-14-2019, 01:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HGFitz
I am beginning to expect the wiring, however, upon my inspection, the connector looks fine along with the wires are in good condition. But I now have noticed after playing with it it will unlock/lock if I press the buttons on the fob a few times (about 4 or 5). So should I try the dielectric grease or take the trim off and look inside.
Myself, I would work on the connection before I went inside the door.
I remove my hardtop and steel doors in April, and put them back on in the fall. Every fall, one of the door connectors gives me trouble.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possibly?

I have a 2009 4 door. Passenger rear door lock started to work intermittently then just stopped working completely. I have seen several with the same issue just with different doors. On mine the dome light does come on and the door light comes on in the dash if PR door is open. The inside of the door has the power lock and signals for dome and dash lights in the same module inside the door. I recently bought half doors and started looking for diagrams and things and all of them seem to be the same.

Quick Reply: Driver Side door lock not working