Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ESP BAS & ABS & BRAKE dash lights ON

Old 10-27-2022, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same issue

I have a similar issue in that my 11 JK Sahara air bag and ding pop on and off every few minutes repeatedly. can live with it but following this thread, I've checked all of the connections under the seats. have not done anything with the clockspring or dash cluster. what do you recommend i start with first? I do NOT have the ABS, etc other lights on
Old 10-28-2022, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

What is the check engine code saying?
Old 10-28-2022, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
What is the check engine code saying?
I don't get a code - none shows up on the dashboard via the ignition switch method. (I do not have an OBD scanner)
Old 10-31-2022, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Badgerhockeyfan
I don't get a code - none shows up on the dashboard via the ignition switch method. (I do not have an OBD scanner)
I'd start with the rear wheel speed sensor, since they are cheap enough to play parts roulette with if you are doing the work yourself. You only need one. Replace one side and wait a few days and see if the problem persists. If it does, pull it and put the new one in the other side and see if you get the same. They are good to keep onboard as a spare anyway since they can keep you from driving home one day if they go bad and all you need to remove is one bolt, and it can be accessed in the rear without pulling the wheel. For my JKU, it had a trouble code, but the vehicle was not drivable either. Also check battery voltage at battery and alternator while running. My best method of testing the battery if possible was to disconnect it for a few days and see if the voltage was dropping each 24 hours. If it is its toast.

Last edited by EHarris; 10-31-2022 at 10:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Badgerhockeyfan (10-31-2022)

Quick Reply: ESP BAS & ABS & BRAKE dash lights ON