Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Esp bas light help

Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp bas light help

The ESP BAS light and skidding light has been on for two weeks now and I can't figure out how to turn it off. Any one know what the deal is. Also the steering wheel is turned to the right. This is after a offroad trip. Help plz
Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
recenter your steering wheel
Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi

x2 on re-centering your steering wheel.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

look for something bent before recentering the steering wheel.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NJ-RUBICON
The ESP BAS light and skidding light has been on for two weeks now and I can't figure out how to turn it off. Any one know what the deal is. Also the steering wheel is turned to the right. This is after a offroad trip. Help plz
Same exact thing happened to me. I just installed a suspension lift and my steering wheel was off center. and the trac control bc I had to get the comp recalibrated for the size tires and gear ratio I had... hope this helped
Old 04-23-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NJ-RUBICON
Same thing just happened to my 2008 2-Door. ESP and BAS lights came on and stay on.
Just put a 3" lift on less than two months ago. My steering wheel seems very straight. How far off does it have to be to cause this issue?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mud Pie
Same thing just happened to my 2008 2-Door. ESP and BAS lights came on and stay on.
Just put a 3" lift on less than two months ago. My steering wheel seems very straight. How far off does it have to be to cause this issue?
Well you have a 3" lift so your axles are probably off-center. Do you have an adjustable track bar?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine come on intermittingly, usually in high winds.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Soon as you correct the steering wheel it will go off after a few miles of driving. I had the same problem even after my gears and tire size were corrected. If you have a procal tuner or something it will take care of it.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vin
Well you have a 3" lift so your axles are probably off-center. Do you have an adjustable track bar?
Yes, my FT 3" Long Arm kit is fully adjustable. I also have a ProCal unit that could help center wheel..
Drove the jeep today and lights went off and stayed off. I'll see if it repeats and make adjustments accordingly.

Quick Reply: Esp bas light help