Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help! Rear locker won't disengage.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now my rear locker won't dis-engage. It finally did after a WEEK. Now I can't reproduce the error for the dealer--so they won't look at it! I'm getting really frustrated!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got off the phone with the dealer. My JK should be done today with the fix for the rear locker. It took forever to get parts to solve the problem. I'll report back when I know more (assuming they actually get it to work!).
Old 11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

I have stock gears and my rear locker wouldnt disengage at one point for a while, but now when I use the rear locker, the light starts blinking randomly while i'm driving even after it seems engaged. . . has this happened to anybody else?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure it disengages at a certain speed. Could that be the cause?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

I dont think so, it seems to do it at pretty much all speeds. . . i'm just gonna take it in and get it looked at when i have time
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bendy08
I dont think so, it seems to do it at pretty much all speeds. . . i'm just gonna take it in and get it looked at when i have time
I was having the same problem and actually showed all of these posts to the Dealer ( I have a really cool Service Manager at our local dealer) and showed him that there were many others as well. He let corporate know and they gave me all new lockers. Havent had the problem since. This was before I regeared though.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

just regeared and I am having this problem with my front axle :( I don't think it is really engaged, drives fine in 2wd, very easy to make turns on pavement and such, but the light blink on occasion...maybe a few times every 30 sec...over a 15-20 min drive, the blinks got further apart and finally stopped. I am going to take it back into the shop if I notice it again...probably installed the sensor wrong. :(

Brian
Old 05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default locker

Originally Posted by bracket
just regeared and I am having this problem with my front axle :( I don't think it is really engaged, drives fine in 2wd, very easy to make turns on pavement and such, but the light blink on occasion...maybe a few times every 30 sec...over a 15-20 min drive, the blinks got further apart and finally stopped. I am going to take it back into the shop if I notice it again...probably installed the sensor wrong. :(

Brian

Same problem. Mine went to the dealer today. They told me that it was the electronic module that was the problem, on tesday ill get a new module installed and see if that helps. It better. but the funny thing is the dealer gave me the jk back, and they never even manually disengaged the locker... pain!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to take it in and have the complaint docummented anyway.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took mine in Tuesday. They said they had to order a solenoid or something???

They said it should be done today so I will update my post later with the part number and if it actually works.

Quick Reply: Help! Rear locker won't disengage.