Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep all over the road in the snow..

Old 01-08-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ward adams
My Sahara does the same thing up here in PG BC, I just yell dig Bitch and giver more! It is normal, plus Jeeps are light in the ass end. Get some sand bags or make the wife sit back there for weight.
I'm going to tell your wife that you said that.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry 255/75/17 is what I am running.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Hellbound, don't worry its normal. Mine is a real pig in 2wd, sometimes it won't even move off the line when it is icey. Just use 4 hi, don't worry if there is bare pavement, it won't hurt it unless you floored it from a standing start. Mine has been in 4hi since october
And even then I dont think it would hurt unless your wheels were turned......then you would hear a snap.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like it's working perfetly. The ESP is doing what it's supposed to and since a Jeep Wrangler is on the borderline between ultralight and lightweight vehicles, it has no weight to hold it down. Rear wheel drive can have a tendancy to push the rear end around especially in slippery stuff. Don't be afraid to use the "other lever" any time it might be slippery, that's what it's for. Drive safe.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
Sounds like it's working perfetly. The ESP is doing what it's supposed to and since a Jeep Wrangler is on the borderline between ultralight and lightweight vehicles, it has no weight to hold it down. Rear wheel drive can have a tendancy to push the rear end around especially in slippery stuff. Don't be afraid to use the "other lever" any time it might be slippery, that's what it's for. Drive safe.
I do completly agree with you here. However I don't know if I'd ever use the word ultralight or even lightweight for the jeep.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same tires on a 4 door and hardly ever need 4wd on snow coverd roads. I think you may just be getting on it a little to hard. Use 4wd if you need it, a little dry pavement won't hurt anything as long as you have some snow/ice on the road to let the tires slip a little you will be fine in 4wd.
GoodYear Silent Armors are about the best snow/ice tires I have ever used, I have 3 trucks with them on and they are awesome.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

You need to ease up on the corners. I can break traction with my M/Ts with the slightest of acceleration. It's snowing, drive it slow and easy, pretty simple.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Rubi is the best Wrangler I have owned relative to winter driving. The CJ was scary, the YJ much better but the JK blows them away. This past week the driving has been hairy due to the amount of snow we got but those MT tires performed great on my two door.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hellbound...I too was fish tailing a few times in the snow we got yesterday. Remember, there was so much moisture in our little storm that made it slippery. I have the stock Rubi tires and the conditions were just perfect for hard compact slippery road conditions. Between the torque of the Jeep, moisture of the snow, temperature, and tread of the tire, compactness of the snow, it is perfect for fishtailing conditions.

I know your frustrated with all the problems you are having with your Jeep but this may not be one of them.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just give er more and yell dig BITCH, works every time!

Quick Reply: Jeep all over the road in the snow..