Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep went crazy

Old 08-13-2010, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FunJK
Actually it should be TIPM and it stands for Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)
Thanks man!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:41 AM
JK Junkie

Actually it should be TIPM and it stands for Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)
so did you every find out what went wrong on your JK?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
so did you every find out what went wrong on your JK?
I think it is the TIPM. Battery checked out ok and I searched and found other people and their JK's had the exact same symptoms (horn blaring, wipers on, washer spraying) and in all the cases the dealer had to replace the TIPM. Down side is that the TIPM needs to be replace by the dealer because they need to reprogram it with the starscan connected to the internet. But the plus is at least I kind of know what it is, but I'm going to drive it a little more and look for any loose connections or grounds before bringing it to the dealer.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:53 AM
JK Junkie

I think it is the TIPM. Battery checked out ok and I searched and found other people and their JK's had the exact same symptoms (horn blaring, wipers on, washer spraying) and in all the cases the dealer had to replace the TIPM. Down side is that the TIPM needs to be replace by the dealer because they need to reprogram it with the starscan connected to the internet. But the plus is at least I kind of know what it is, but I'm going to drive it a little more and look for any loose connections or grounds before bringing it to the dealer.
Well best of luck to you and try not to get sucked dry by the dealer when you take the JK in .
Old 08-14-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Had the same problem with a 2005 Mustang GT, Ended up being that the alternator was going bad and took out the battery, when the voltage got low it freaked out the computer and had same symptoms you described.
Dealer replace the battery and was good for a couple days and came back"killed the battery again" They replaced the alternator and battery, problem never came back.

Good Luck, Hope it works out
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me in an old car I had. It was a 1958 Plymouth Fury. The thing kept acting up, doing weird stuff. I ended up selling it to a high school kid, I think his name was Arnie. Anyway, I never figured out what it was... It seemed possessed.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess no one has seen Christine
Old 08-15-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I read the first sentence of your post it was what I thought of. O ne of my favorite movies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images..jpg
Views:	32
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	82058

Quick Reply: Jeep went crazy