Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

JK Problems

Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Problems

I have a 2008 JK Unlimited X. Within the last week my ABS, ESP, and the other traction control light have been coming on and staying on even when not in motion. I thought it was maybe just a sensor but the brakes have been locking up under light pressure. And then tonight it wouldn't shift into second gear. After it shifted I continued on home but when leaving a stop light the traction control kicked on and I couldn't go anywhere. Any ideas what is going on?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TallonFour
I have a 2008 JK Unlimited X. Within the last week my ABS, ESP, and the other traction control light have been coming on and staying on even when not in motion. I thought it was maybe just a sensor but the brakes have been locking up under light pressure. And then tonight it wouldn't shift into second gear. After it shifted I continued on home but when leaving a stop light the traction control kicked on and I couldn't go anywhere. Any ideas what is going on?
Is your steering wheel completely centered when moving straight?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
Is your steering wheel completely centered when moving straight?

No it is slightly off center. It has been that way since my wreck several months ago. I said something to the repair shop about it but they said it wasn't a big deal.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

No it is slightly off center. It has been that way since my wreck several months ago. I said something to the repair shop about it but they said it wasn't a big deal.
A wrench and 5 minutes is all it will take you to straighten it.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Though your description sounds like it's more than a 'slightly' off-center steering wheel. You may want to take it back to that shop and have them check it out...
Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, they say its not a big deal because they dont want to do the work again and not get paid for it. Its basically like having your alignment off. Take that shiz back and tell them to fix it.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the same problem with the lights coming on, but have no other symptoms. Never been in an accident and only have 7,000 miles on it. Anyone else with this issue that has resolved it??
Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dypuz
I've got the same problem with the lights coming on, but have no other symptoms. Never been in an accident and only have 7,000 miles on it. Anyone else with this issue that has resolved it??
if the steering wheel is off center a little bit, it will give you these lights.

hold the steering wheel straight and go 70 MPH and see where she takes you.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Former Member

it really is a big deal. It needs to be centered or you will have ESP issues. Slightly off and it can cause these issues.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

my steering wheel is straight. No alignment issues. The lights come on when I start the Jeep and don't go off untill I shut it down after driving for a while.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dypuz
my steering wheel is straight. No alignment issues. The lights come on when I start the Jeep and don't go off untill I shut it down after driving for a while.
Same happened to mine; ABS pump & control module failed & replaced under warranty. All good since, nearly 2 years later.

Quick Reply: JK Problems