Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy?

Old 04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed to this thread...notifies you of new post

Last edited by arasco85; 04-27-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dinojeep
What does subscribed mean?
Originally Posted by arasco85
Subscribed to this thread...notifies you of new post
check the "quick links" drop down menu (see the top menu bars of the page). any thread you comment in will come up on your list of "subscribed" threads. The setting page allows you to get notifications (or not) and, as noted, keep track of updates.

The "thread tools" menu on the menu bar just below the thread title lets you subscribe (or unsubscribe) without actually posting a comment that says "subscribed" (LIKE A NOOB! --Sorry guys, couldn't resist!)

(you can also change your settings to have up to 40 posts on a page instead of the default 15.)

This forum has some nice features and is pretty well run (even though there a a few haters out there (eff 'em).

the only thing missing is a way to rate member responses to build reputations. Thereby give credit to quality posting and discount the clowns and post-count whores.

There are some really informative posters out there (ronjenX, Tinman, and Mark Dorion come right to mind but many others, too)

//end hijack

Last edited by Jiblet; 04-28-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Interesting marketing strategy by Mobil1, as fuel prices are increasing.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by txtrav
Anyone running Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy synthetic oil? I've been using Mobil 1 5W-20 fully synthetic, but came across this stuff yesterday and couldn't find a reason not to change... I went with 0W-20. Same price. Same protection. Better MPGs... Why not?

Anyway, haven't read much on the forum about this stuff so wanted to see if anyone has personal experience with it...

I'll report back at my next oil change in 6K miles to let everyone know my thoughts and if I gained the 2 percent fuel economy increase they're touting. Yes 2 percent... I know it's not earth shattering, but I'll take what I can get.

What Oil Filter are you using?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
Agreed.

Even 5w20 is way too thin for a hard working v6 in a 4500# suv.

Its funny how Chrysler tells us to switch to a heaver rear diff oil for towing, but makes no mention of changing to a heavier weight motor oil for the engine.
No wonder you read about all these JK's with spun bearings & excessive oil usage. The engines are wearing out prematurely.

Its 10w30 for me in the summer, 5w30 in the winter.

Let us know how that 0w20 is working out for you in 50k miles.
Good thing I have the lifetime powertrain warranty!

Originally Posted by RedJK2
Interesting marketing strategy by Mobil1, as fuel prices are increasing.
I 100 percent agree! Even their FAQ section states that the new Advanced Fuel Economy is just a relabeled version of their 2008 and earlier 0W-20/30 oil.

Originally Posted by Tuto
What Oil Filter are you using?
Well, I typically run the Fram Tough Guard, but for whatever reason I grabbed the Fram Extra Guard this go around... I didn't even realize my mistake until I drained my oil and went to put on the filter. Por que?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by txtrav
Good thing I have the lifetime powertrain warranty!

I 100 percent agree! Even their FAQ section states that the new Advanced Fuel Economy is just a relabeled version of their 2008 and earlier 0W-20/30 oil.

Well, I typically run the Fram Tough Guard, but for whatever reason I grabbed the Fram Extra Guard this go around... I didn't even realize my mistake until I drained my oil and went to put on the filter. Por que?
Just wanted to know if you were getting Dry Starts using the New oil. And wonder about the Oil Filter.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy?