Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mopar half doors & factory hard top

Old 04-04-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the way those previous pictures look with the Black 2 door JK. I think it looks best when the top is off and the 1/2 doors are mounted without the uppers.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

bestop is not making the top sliders for the jk and rampage has them under devolopment .was set to be released last holiday but put off due to fitment issues my order has been in almost a year. dont hold your breath
Old 04-12-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Old 11-02-2009, 12:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default Half doors with Hard top

Originally Posted by TulsaMike
X 2. lets see um

Hi all, I'm form South Africa and most Rubicons that we get here, come with the half doors. They work 100% with the factory hard top and seals well. a Little bit of wind noise never bothered any Jeep Wrangler owner.
I drive my JK most of the time without the uppers, only when the family or weather demands it I fir then uppers, but we here in Africa have great weather for 11 months of the year !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0321Swaziland0043.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	32304   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0321Swaziland0062.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	32305  
Old 11-22-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your uppers are divided different than the ones here in the US. They look like the J8 ones and the white jeep above yours that looks like a J8 has the US production ones.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joenel
Hi all, I'm form South Africa and most Rubicons that we get here, come with the half doors. They work 100% with the factory hard top and seals well. a Little bit of wind noise never bothered any Jeep Wrangler owner.
I drive my JK most of the time without the uppers, only when the family or weather demands it I fir then uppers, but we here in Africa have great weather for 11 months of the year !
I like the look.....got any pix with the Hard top on and the uppers off?? plz post.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't see a big enough difference on the jk. the half doors are like the full ones with the window frame cut off. tj and yj half doors are almost 1/3rd doors. has alot to do with the body style. not much you can do as it has to match up with the tub in the back and tj and yj's had lower tubs. must say i really like the tube doors.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
The half doors are a much sought after item that many long time owners prefer. Let this be the little push you need to fall off the buying side ..I'd love to have half doors on mine
This is true but MANY owners want BOTH.

I don't think the half doors are available with a hard top from the factory. Not that it matters to the OP who is interested in aftermarket doors.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
i don't see a big enough difference on the jk. the half doors are like the full ones with the window frame cut off. tj and yj half doors are almost 1/3rd doors. has alot to do with the body style. not much you can do as it has to match up with the tub in the back and tj and yj's had lower tubs. must say i really like the tube doors.
The JK is the same as the TJ and YJ. The top of the half doors are exactly even with the top of the body tub in the back. They are MUCH shorter than the full doors with the frames cut off. The reason they are bigger top to bottom than the TJ and YJ is because the door on the JK goes all the way to the floor whereas the TJ and YJ bodies are actual tubs and have a huge lip you need to step over to get out. I don't think the JK tub is much taller.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidwm71
The JK is the same as the TJ and YJ. The top of the half doors are exactly even with the top of the body tub in the back. They are MUCH shorter than the full doors with the frames cut off. The reason they are bigger top to bottom than the TJ and YJ is because the door on the JK goes all the way to the floor whereas the TJ and YJ bodies are actual tubs and have a huge lip you need to step over to get out. I don't think the JK tub is much taller.
This is correct. The bottoms of the windows are in the same place on both doors. When you take off the top of a half door you're cutting down about 5" which is pretty significant.

Quick Reply: Mopar half doors & factory hard top