Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

The Most Important 1st Modification On The JK

Old 08-23-2013, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Most Important 1st Modification On The JK

Just got a 2010 Jk and I'm wondering from experience what would be the most important first mod to place on it. I was thinking a lift kit and some tires, what do y'all suggest?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends what you plan to do with it. Plan mods around what size tire you want to run. My personal opinion, don't run out and buy a winch as your first mod. Just Don't wheel alone, and always have proper recovery gear otherwise.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

If it's the Jeep from your profile picture then I'd suggest tires! Think long and hard about what your "end plan" is. Don't go out and buy 37's without planning to install a Procal, gears, axle reinforcement, lift, driveshafts, wheels, ect. Then the addiction will start, bumpers, winch, armor, lighting, recovery gear, CB, compressor, and such. If money is tight and it's a daily driver simple 33's on stock wheels, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, a Procal, and TeraFlex 1.5" Leveling Kit will get you by for a few years until its all built up.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 08-23-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Free and easy....DIMPLE MOD! Unstrap ur doors and let them suckers fly open lol it's gonna happen sooner or later! Good luck with it more rig i love my 2010
Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kh202
Depends what you plan to do with it. Plan mods around what size tire you want to run. My personal opinion, don't run out and buy a winch as your first mod. Just Don't wheel alone, and always have proper recovery gear otherwise.
Yea I will def take that into consideration, thanks.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
If it's the Jeep from your profile picture then I'd suggest tires! Think long and hard about what your "end plan" is. Don't go out and buy 37's without planning to install a Procal, gears, axle reinforcement, lift, driveshafts, wheels, ect. Then the addiction will start, bumpers, winch, armor, lighting, recovery gear, CB, compressor, and such. If money is tight and it's a daily driver simple 33's on stock wheels, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, a Procal, and TeraFlex 1.5" Leveling Kit will get you by for a few years until its all built up.
For right now it's a simple daily driver but I plan to go off reading when I'm on vacation. And yes the tires are horrible, that's why I was thinking that it would be my first investment. Do u know of any cheap site I could get them from and what brand you suggest. I appreciate the help by the way.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Free and easy....DIMPLE MOD! Unstrap ur doors and let them suckers fly open lol it's gonna happen sooner or later! Good luck with it more rig i love my 2010
Thanks! I'm definitely taking the doors off before the summer ends.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

First mod should be replacing all the shitty bolts in the front suspension.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Yes budget really is the main factor. Plan your tire size around budget, then build lol. If it's you're first jeep, you'd be surprised what you can do with a stock JK and SRA tires. Just air down to 18-20 psi. Plus, you will learn a LOT more about wheeling if you go out and learn to wheel a stock jeep vs the guy who throws on 35-37's before they've ever even wheeled it.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

I'm new to this too. Will 33s or 35s fit without getting a lift? For budget reasons I wanted to figure out if I could do tires without lifting at the same time.

Quick Reply: The Most Important 1st Modification On The JK