Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

The Most Important 1st Modification On The JK

Old 08-23-2013, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kh202
Depends what you plan to do with it. Plan mods around what size tire you want to run. My personal opinion, don't run out and buy a winch as your first mod. Just Don't wheel alone, and always have proper recovery gear otherwise.
What kind of wheeling do you wanna do?

Is this your DD?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Free and easy....DIMPLE MOD! Unstrap ur doors and let them suckers fly open lol it's gonna happen sooner or later! Good luck with it more rig i love my 2010
Lmao! Always bound to happen!

O|||||||O
Old 08-24-2013, 02:57 AM
JK Junkie

Also look 2.5" suspension lifts like Teraflex or Rock Krawler. They are both great products and give you plenty of room to run 35"s.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Legolasies
Just got a 2010 Jk and I'm wondering from experience what would be the most important first mod to place on it. I was thinking a lift kit and some tires, what do y'all suggest?

The most useful first mods are bug deflector and wind deflectors. Duratracs are next after.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

When it comes to tires I've taking my jeep off road stick suspension and tires and accomplished alot. Just look at my profile pic. I did however just change the tires to the ones off the rubi. There alot nicer. U can prob get a cheap used set.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Does anyone suggest bigger breaks with bigger tires or are the factory brakes fine?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got plenty of mod's I like but every time I wash it I really dig the drilled mirrors. Just makes me smile!

Coz
Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by falc0n2u
Does anyone suggest bigger breaks with bigger tires or are the factory brakes fine?
I've never had any brake problems and I can't recall anyone posting about brake problems...

The parking brake is a whole different issue, a lot of people have posted about emergency brake problems and I'm having the dealer look at my emergency brake tomorrow

Matthew
Old 08-27-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest armor first, some good rock rails for example.
In stock form ,the Jeep is way more capable than a beginer driver.
My order of upgrades has been - Bug defelctor - remove the front air dam - Ace rocksliders/rubicon rock sliders- CB- 2.5" lift. next is tires, most likely rubicon take offs.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Legolasies

For right now it's a simple daily driver but I plan to go off reading when I'm on vacation. And yes the tires are horrible, that's why I was thinking that it would be my first investment. Do u know of any cheap site I could get them from and what brand you suggest. I appreciate the help by the way.
Some of the other members have brought up good points on finding a set of Rubicon take-offs. By going this route you shouldn't have to worry about a Procal for your speedo or transmission. You can find them under The Billboard section or even on Craigslist. I'd still suggest a TF Leveling Kit with the Spidertrax Spacers to give it a more aggressive look though!

Quick Reply: The Most Important 1st Modification On The JK