Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Multiple codes

Old 09-07-2020, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Multiple codes

Bought a used 2012 JKU 3.6 with 75,000 miles a couple months ago, it now has 77,500 miles. Since a couple weeks after I bought it, I’ve been getting check engine lights with different codes. It started with P0300 (multiple cylinder misfire) p0132 (o2 sensor 1 circuit high) and p0172 (fuel system 1 rich). P0300 comes and goes. Next I was getting p2096 (downstream fuel trim system lean) p1128 (closed loop fueling not achieved). And now just yesterday I started getting p06DD (engine oil pressure control circuit stuck off). Could it be more of a computer issue that’s causing all the problems or just a coincidence all the problems are starting to occur at around the same time?
Old 09-07-2020, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

That is a lot going on. How does the engine sound? Do you have noise coming from the heads? There is a known issue with them but also an extended warranty on 2012 and some 2013’s. Might be worth checking but before you take it in perhaps check/replace the cam position sensors and crank position sensor as it throws the P0300 code. Dealer may want to change a lot of expensive parts that may not be required....if you do the sensors get the Mopar parts and not aftermarket. Rock auto has them at a reasonable price.

i was not getting codes but was having my 2013 suddenly loose power while driving and replacing the above mentioned sensors solved the problem. Thread below.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-p0339-354654/
Old 09-07-2020, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Niteshooter
That is a lot going on. How does the engine sound? Do you have noise coming from the heads? There is a known issue with them but also an extended warranty on 2012 and some 2013’s. Might be worth checking but before you take it in perhaps check/replace the cam position sensors and crank position sensor as it throws the P0300 code. Dealer may want to change a lot of expensive parts that may not be required....if you do the sensors get the Mopar parts and not aftermarket. Rock auto has them at a reasonable price.

i was not getting codes but was having my 2013 suddenly loose power while driving and replacing the above mentioned sensors solved the problem. Thread below.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-p0339-354654/
Engine sounds good and runs good until it starts throwing those codes. The p0300 and fuel related Codes it starts running rough and down on power for a few seconds then clears up. Clear the codes out and they may come back the next day, or a week or 2 later. I have heard about the head problem, but I would think if it was the head it would run rough all the time, not come and go like it does??
Old 09-07-2020, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Well found the oil code problem. Moved the Jeep into the shop this morning and instantly saw oil on shop floor. Checked oil and it’s not even showing on dip stick. Now the fun of finding where it leaked from...
Old 09-07-2020, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oil leak is probably this, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...oblems-303650/

Oil filter housing fails, seems to be common especially if the cap is really reefed on hard. Poor OP took lots of flack but turns out he was right...

Last edited by Niteshooter; 09-07-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

The rough running makes me think you should do the cam and crank sensors. Your mileage is getting close to what mine was when I replaced all of mine the other day. Since then have put about 400 miles on the Jeep including a really rough ATV trail run two days ago. No codes and no sudden power loss. I had thought from the way the power suddenly cut out that it was fuel or fuel pump related. The last thing I would have suspected were the sensors. When we ordered the parts from the dealer it seems these are a common failure item as they had a good supply of them. I’m in Canada so ordering from Rockauto would have taken too long.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Niteshooter
Oil leak is probably this, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...oblems-303650/

Oil filter housing fails, seems to be common especially if the cap is really reefed on hard. Poor OP took lots of flack but turns out he was right...
i will add that to the list of things to check. Reading through the post though he states “Not a single issue with the 2011-2013 piece. None. Nada. Zero. This is obviously related to the 2014 redesign of the oil filter/cooler system” not saying it’s not a possibility, will definitely check it.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shollenbaugh
i will add that to the list of things to check. Reading through the post though he states “Not a single issue with the 2011-2013 piece. None. Nada. Zero. This is obviously related to the 2014 redesign of the oil filter/cooler system” not saying it’s not a possibility, will definitely check it.
Yes, he posted this back a few years so not all the problems surface right away. Since then some 2012's and 2013's have also had a problem with the oil filter housing cracking. Some due to over torquing the cap. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update?
Old 09-11-2020, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by walldo
Any update?
nothing yet, haven’t got a chance to get around to it yet.

Quick Reply: Multiple codes