Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Newbie here! New to forum and new to JK'S

Old 10-01-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here! New to forum and new to JK'S

Hello to all fellow Jk'ers, first time member here, first time jeep owner, and i have to say that this is a new experience to me, and id liek to thank the community that surrounds the TJ's and JK's as they are quite friendly. Never have i have so many people in the same vehicle as me say hi to me, never have i had to wave to other fellow Wrangler's Its awsome!.

Now on to the serious Questions:

I just bought a 2007 Wrangler Sahara unlimited (trail rated) second hand, and i have a lemon policy which covers me for 1700 kms or 30 days against and breaking parts that are crucial to the vehicle operation.

a) I brought the vehicle offroading nothing serious, a few uneven paths, and some very minimal mud swamps (didnt get the JK wet past the fog lights) And i noticed a thump/thud coming from the passanger side. It only happens when the wrangler shifts left to right/right to left semi violently (when tacking a big bump in the road), any ideas?

b) when at a grocery store, when i hit the BIG speed bumps i hear a squeel/squeak in the front suspension, any idea?

c) seeing that i brought the truck for some very moderate offroading, can the dealership refuse to fix the problems?

Ive done my research, and ive already taped up the pin strikers, it is not the door mechanism making that noise, also ill try to video tape the noise it makes!

Thank you all for your help in advance!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

"when at a grocery store, when i hit the BIG speed bumps i hear a squeel/squeak in the front suspension, any idea?"

Welcome to JK-Forum! You will undoubtedly find LOTS of people and information here in no time. I can't answer your other questions, but I was getting the same thing in my 2007, and it was fixed with a can of WD-40 to the trackbar joint. There is no way to tell from here if that is the same problem you are having, but that was an easy fix for me

Good luck!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

check your upper shock nuts
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
JK Junkie

welcome to the site.....as said lot of info here, and allot of people to help you out...enjoy your new rig.

I would say for the noises you hear, it's not uncommon, but I would just go thru your entire rig, make sure everything is tight, greased, and specially after a run wheeling..
Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for your feedback!

I video taped the sound it makes, and i took a picture of what im passing on-top (or over) in order to get a better idea of what this is, thank you so much so far!

What im going over is an indentation in the pavement, a canale made to channel water out of our drive ways here is a picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here is a video of the noise im hearing, it happens at the 1:30 mark. It sounds like a thump, almost like a heartbeat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3YrvjlCUY0 Hope this helps you guys help me!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Also, is there any way to change the topic title? OR should i make a different thread?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Good luck with you fixes as posted above. I just bought mine also as a toy vehicle. I am dying to get my 2.5BB and some 35's on it!!

Have fun with it!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

i dont hear anything wrong but wd-40 fixes lil squeeks. Also, welcome to the forum. You are now an official bad ass!

Quick Reply: Newbie here! New to forum and new to JK'S