Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power window failure due to switch cluster

Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window failure due to switch cluster

Hello all - - I just wanted to report a recent problem I experienced with my 2007 JK Sahara. I have about 45,000 miles on it. The driver side power window stopped working on me recently. I was coming home from a camping trip where I had the doors off the Jeep for some wheelin' then put them back on at the camp site for the ride home. At that point I rolled all the windows up. A couple hours down the road I went to roll down the driver side window and... nothing. The other three windows went down/up no problem. I suspected maybe I didn't put the connector on right so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nothing.

After some investigation and talking to some of my Chrysler friends I suspected the window switch cluster located in the dashboard.

The window switch cluster part number in my Jeep is 04602756AB. At the dealer it costs about $77.

Once I put in a new switch cluster the window worked fine.

FYI I took some resistance readings on the DEFECTIVE switch cluster / assembly and put it into a chart for reference. It can be found here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...rw&output=html

I was told that the driver side window pins are pins 13 and 14.

Anyway, just wanted to report this out in case others are experiencing similar issues. It was one of those crummy Jeep things but I still love my Jeep!!!

Last edited by john_w; 12-07-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a more detailed pinout of the window switch module:

Pin Circuit Description
1 - WDO - Master CTRL RR RT UP
2 - WDO - Master CTRL RR RT DN
3 - WDO - Window Down FT Pass
4 - Ground Z910
5 - WDO - PWR Window SW Lock
6 - ILT - Dimming 3 (IP)
7 - WDO - Window Up FT Pass
8 - WDO - Master CTRL RR LT Up
9 - WDO - Master CTRL RR LT Down
10 - No connection
11 - No connection
12 - Power - IGN_RA - F30
13 - WDO - Window Down FT Driver
14 - WDO - Window Up FT Driver
Old 01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing this thread back from the grave.

With what you have gone over on this switch module. it seems possible i could replace my window control with rocker switches.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by john_w
Hello all - - I just wanted to report a recent problem I experienced with my 2007 JK Sahara. I have about 45,000 miles on it. The driver side power window stopped working on me recently. I was coming home from a camping trip where I had the doors off the Jeep for some wheelin' then put them back on at the camp site for the ride home. At that point I rolled all the windows up. A couple hours down the road I went to roll down the driver side window and... nothing. The other three windows went down/up no problem. I suspected maybe I didn't put the connector on right so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nothing.

After some investigation and talking to some of my Chrysler friends I suspected the window switch cluster located in the dashboard.

The window switch cluster part number in my Jeep is 04602756AB. At the dealer it costs about $77.

Once I put in a new switch cluster the window worked fine.

FYI I took some resistance readings on the DEFECTIVE switch cluster / assembly and put it into a chart for reference. It can be found here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...rw&output=html

I was told that the driver side window pins are pins 13 and 14.

Anyway, just wanted to report this out in case others are experiencing similar issues. It was one of those crummy Jeep things but I still love my Jeep!!!
Originally Posted by The_Yeti
Bringing this thread back from the grave.

With what you have gone over on this switch module. it seems possible i could replace my window control with rocker switches.
Yes. In most cases, a switch is just a switch. And I'm pretty sure that this is the case here. But you are going to have to do a better job of finding the circuits than "The_Yeti" if you plan on changing them out. His reading are all over the place with no regard to circuitry. Looks to me like #12 is the common for all switches. So he should have taken all of his up / down measurements back to there.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JK-Ford.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...45#post2047345

I have a thread where i am working on this project and trying to get information.

I think i have a solution if you wouldnt mind telling me what you think

Quick Reply: Power window failure due to switch cluster