Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rusty Underbody

Old 06-21-2020, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty Underbody

I have read a couple posts and will be doing the@Rednroll method. My question that I couldn’t answer (doesn’t mean it’s not in there somewhere) is what SHOULDN’T I spray? Obviously the brakes but is there anything I should steer clear of. Everything I have appears to just be surface rust but I would like to clean it up and coat as much as possible before another MI winter!! Thanks!
Old 06-22-2020, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to have to look up this @Rednroll method. My wife's 2013 has some surface rust on a lot of the suspension components that I want to clean up etc.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Originally Posted by Robz
I'm going to have to look up this @Rednroll method. My wife's 2013 has some surface rust on a lot of the suspension components that I want to clean up etc.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...5/#post4301531

I don't live in the rust belt, thank goodness, but I use that HF bedliner for a few things. I really like it. It sprays nicely and has much better results than the Rustoleum equivalent which I've tried as well. That Rustoleum version clogged up on me a lot.

Quick Reply: Rusty Underbody