Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat height adjustment?????

Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat height adjustment?????

I just placed bought a 4 door stone white JK Rubicon today (I can't believe they found one) and should have it tomorrow or Friday.

I have a question about the seat height adjustment:
The manual and the brochure show that the whole seat goes up and down. The one Rubicon they had for test drive, whe I used the ratcheting mechanism on the driver's seat only raised and lowered the rear half of the seat.

Is this how it height adjusts, or does the front also go up and down? The salesman said that's how it is, but he was also looking for the hood release inside the truck.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jamooche
...he was also looking for the hood release inside the truck...
Typical salesman. He is right about the seat adjustment though. Also, it's a JEEP, not a truck. At least you didn't call it a car...
Old 11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renegade
At least you didn't call it a car...
Lol who would do such a thing
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info.

And yes, it's a truck, and not a car by any means.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

Also not a biscut.

.... getting old
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

and now for a post that's on topic.

Does anyone need to raise their seat height? I wish I could drop mine down about three or four inches . Maybe I could see traffic signals that way.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
and now for a post that's on topic.

Does anyone need to raise their seat height? I wish I could drop mine down about three or four inches . Maybe I could see traffic signals that way.
Thanks for bringing it back on topic.

Yes, I keep mine up all the time, however, as I've stated in another thread, it keeps lowering itself. I think I'm just gonna get some spacers or something, cause I hate sitting low.

Here's the thread about the seat height adjustment problems.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/seat-height-problems-19229/
Old 11-15-2007, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamooche
I just placed bought a 4 door stone white JK Rubicon today (I can't believe they found one) and should have it tomorrow or Friday.

I have a question about the seat height adjustment:
The manual and the brochure show that the whole seat goes up and down. The one Rubicon they had for test drive, whe I used the ratcheting mechanism on the driver's seat only raised and lowered the rear half of the seat.

Is this how it height adjusts, or does the front also go up and down? The salesman said that's how it is, but he was also looking for the hood release inside the truck.

Thanks in advance!
its not supose to do that... atleast mine doesnt. when i raise the seat, the whole thing goes up. so dunno about that one. and the sales guy looking for the hood release in the trunck is funny... had to keep myself from laughing so hard since i'm still at work. jeeps are too good for a hood release...

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
Thanks for bringing it back on topic.

Yes, I keep mine up all the time, however, as I've stated in another thread, it keeps lowering itself. I think I'm just gonna get some spacers or something, cause I hate sitting low.

Here's the thread about the seat height adjustment problems.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19229
its from getting in and out... i've noticed if i pay close attention and sorta hop out rather then slide out, the seat never moves. also, for the few weeks my handle was broken, i could get in and out brushing the handle and the seat never move up or down an inch. so what you do is... put the seat at the desired hieght, and then remove the handle.

Originally Posted by N2rock
Yes- all the way up all the time. I'm only 5'6"- I could have it lower, but I like being up high enough to see the entire hood
ditto on that one...
Old 11-15-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
its not supose to do that... atleast mine doesnt. when i raise the seat, the whole thing goes up.
I'm supposed to take delivery tomorrow, so I'll have to see for myself what the deal is. It makes more sense that the entire thing goes up and down.

Quick Reply: Seat height adjustment?????