Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Shady Chrysler dealer ?

Old 11-22-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shady Chrysler dealer ?

What is it with Chrysler dealer ?

Got rid of my original dealer because he tried to charge me when they changed my leaking transmission line:

Dealer: All job is done it will be 3XX$ for the transmission line replacement (keep in mind they never asked me if I was ok to have the job done)

Me: I reply is this not under warranty ?

Dealer: no this warranty is over on your jeep.

Me: ho, how about this extended / recall thing for transmission line ?

Dealer: ho recall xyz, ya it covered. (He never stop while talking, he was aware of the recall all along)

Decided to not go there anymore.

Than I decide to go this new shinny dealer close to my house.
I’m just a little over my warranty but decided to do the full maintenance because I don’t really have the time to get this care of right now.
Get the JK tonight the break light come on in the dash, I do not bother too much about it as all the mechanic are gone for the day and I was thinking it was my hand break, got home try the hand break properly and no go, light still there, ok maybe I need break fluid, I open the hood and noticed the wire connecting to the break fluid sensor was disconnected and the sensor was missing!!!

Phone the dealer back and ask to talk to the boss, the only one available was the sales manager. I return back to tour the shop with him but we did not find the sensor on any work bench. At the end he told me to contact the service back on Monday.

Not sure at this point if it shady business or just a mistake.

Just out of curiosity any one know the part number for the sensor that connect to the brake fluid reservoir ?
Thanks
Old 11-22-2013, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

68057090ab....brake fluid level sensor??

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Brake level fluid sensor, yup

Thanks
Old 11-22-2013, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF did they need to remove the sensor??
Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

May not be shady, could be honest mistake, after a motorcycle accident I had a few years back I went to pick the bike up from the shop but it wouldn't even start.... low and behold they left the "tip over" sensor sitting on a different work bench covered by a bunch of other bad parts.... it was just a mistake. But to dry I wouldn't be pissed if I was in ur situation.... I'm on my second dealer too.... I make my first trip to them on Wednesday.....
Old 11-23-2013, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
WTF did they need to remove the sensor??
I got the same question, also notice tonight they used my tire lock key (It now in my cup holder) so they also removed my tire, this one I do not understand unless my maintenance also included servicing my brake oil.
More questions to ask on Monday.

Jersey Devil, now that I know the sensor price "17$" I'm no longer pissed, just need to understand what they where doing in that part of the jeep.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pape

I got the same question, also notice tonight they used my tire lock key (It now in my cup holder) so they also removed my tire, this one I do not understand unless my maintenance also included servicing my brake oil.
More questions to ask on Monday.

Jersey Devil, now that I know the sensor price "17$" I'm no longer pissed, just need to understand what they where doing in that part of the jeep.
Could it have been that rotating the tires was part of the scheduled maintenance?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Removing the tires to inspect both the inner and outer brake pads and both sides of the rotors is the correct way to do a brake inspection.

No idea why they would take the fluid level sensor out.

Possible they broke it topping off your brake fluid and didn't have a new one in stock?

Should have noted it or said something at least. Maybe Lazy is a better description than shady.
To me shady implies overcharging or charging for work you simply don't need.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

the interesting part is when I called in the advisor he told me : ya we ordered the break switch.
I told him: wrong story, better get it strait I will be there in 5 minutes.

At the end of the day the official answer was: the mechanic broke it while check fluid level and they received the new part and will replace it on the spot.

why they never told me when they phoned me is still unanswered.

LOST: this incident look to be a mistake but my original dealer was trying to rip me on the transmission oil line recall.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Shady dealers

Just yesterday, I bought a new 2013 2 dr rubicon. Everyone is familiar with the usual haggling involved.
They had a close out price on the jeep, which I was ok with. Then the trade in haggle, I had checked my KBB value just before I went in. The salesman and I came to a price that suited us both, then came the FINANCE manager. He added $6000 to the bottom line for a 6 year/60,000 mile extended warranty, and insisted I needed the warranty to cover all the electronics that are going to fail when the jeep hits 36,001 miles. My first reaction was to get up and walk out! But I politely said "no thank you, I should be ok with the factory 36/36,000." Wow, the evil side came out and the big buddy smile turned to a f... y.. Face. Again, my gut told me, it's not to late, get up and walk out.

My concern now is evil finance manager sabotage.

Quick Reply: Shady Chrysler dealer ?