Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Starting issue

Old 06-09-2019, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starting issue

Okay guys I need help I have a 2007 Jeep JK unlimited I used to have the problem with starting the Jeep in park I put the ground wire from the battery over to the alternator that has eliminated that problem last night we go to get into the Jeep and go to start it nothing no click no start nothing at all battery is fine you take the ignition switch and you jiggle the ignition switch or mess with the ignition switch for a few minutes and the vehicle start any suggestions and where can I get the parts if it is again ignition switch problem I don't want to buy a whole steering column can you just buy the switch I do believe it is either the switch with the tumblers or some other electrical part that is not getting good contact any help would be great
Old 06-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Possibly this? I had this problem with my 08.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...cylinder,10041
Old 06-10-2019, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jiggle the shift lever - works on mine
Old 06-10-2019, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

The shifter problem is solved and is definitely not the issue at this time
Old 06-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Shannon75
The shifter problem is solved and is definitely not the issue at this time
Just to be certain, when the vehicle is in the no start condition, it stays in the no start condition even if you move the shifter into Neutral and or then back to park?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Doesn't matter if its in park or neutral drive reverse 4wd or 4low it is another condtion
Old 06-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Doesn't matter if its in park or neutral drive reverse 4wd or 4low it is another condtion
Well I think it could either be the actual ignition switch in which case you made need to pay someone with the right tools to get it keyed correctly or possibly a wireless control module.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

The switch seems ok it hits all four spots when it doesn't start the radio light goes out when I turn the switch to off and try amd restart it comes on I am wondering if its the elictric switch on the column
Old 06-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

The switch seems ok it hits all four spots when it doesn't start the radio light goes out when I turn the switch to off and try amd restart it comes on I am wondering if its the elictric switch on the column
I would look into replacing the WCM. Always make sure you clean all the grounds even though you added the one. Make sure battery connections are on tight also.

Any local shop can test the starter for free also. You never know if anything else weird is happening.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

That might be the issue as I have tried Starting the car with the after market car starter and when the problem occurs it wont allow the car to start with the starter or key. Now if I can get the key switch to work then the remote works fine

Last edited by Shannon75; 06-12-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Starting issue