Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering wheel missing pieces.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel missing pieces.

So My steering wheel keeps losing pieces of the leather material and it's bugging me. Is anyone else having this problem? At first I thought my wedding ring was causing this but now I'm not sure. I've noticed where I'm placing my hand and the ring is towards the windshield not on top where the cuts are.
This is the top of the wheel. The wheels were turned when I took the pic.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Nope. Mine's perfect. I do put leather conditioner on it when it needs cleaning/moisturizing but it looks like new.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

It still might be your ring, as you make a left turn you left hand does move to the top, yes ?
Or just don't wear your ring, my wife finally got over being upset when I don't.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine's doing the same thing and my ring doesn't get anywhere near the spot it's doing it.

I use leather cream on it occasionally and otherwise 303 protectant and it still has that. Not as bad as yours but 2-3 small little spots at top of steering wheel.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

That's from gripping the wheel too tightly when you release all that horsepower the motor has.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Locklain
That's from gripping the wheel too tightly when you release all that horsepower the motor has.

Looks like my previous Ridgeline. I caught myself rubbing any rough spots on the Ridgeline's wheel when at a standstill in construction traffic thereby making them worse.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingteddybear

Looks like my previous Ridgeline. I caught myself rubbing any rough spots on the Ridgeline's wheel when at a standstill in construction traffic thereby making them worse.
I do sit in alot of traffic. So what kind of covers are you using?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default It' covered under waranty

Took the Jeep to the shop to get an appointment to fix my steering damper. (It's leaking)

I asked about the steering wheel and the service wrighter said that it covered under the factory waranty. I have to admit I'm shocked. I didn't think that it would be covered since it's cosmetic. He told me that the parts would be in at the end of the week so it will no longer be an issue. Which is good because i keep picking at it when I'm stuck in traffic.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel missing pieces.