Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sticker-less?

Old 03-14-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticker-less?

I have seen a few jk's with the side decal taken off, such as the "x" and "wrangler". Just wondering if anyone can give some advise on how to get those suckers off? Thanks all!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Peel off with fingernail.
Clean with WD-40, Goo Gone, or whatever other adhesive remover of your choice.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

use a hair drier to warm up the sticker.. no goo left behind be careful when you start to peel not to scratch the paint.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

my wife and i pulled our X decals off before we left the lot. after a day of driving, some light dust had accumulated. it wiped off easy with my hand - can't tell there was ever a sticker there unless you already knew.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

I took all the stickers and the Trail Rated badge off. It was cold so I used a hairdryer to warm the stickers a little before peeling.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

For the most part they will peel off if not frozen. Once thats all done you would want to clean it up with goo gone or wd40. Then wax it after that. (you will notice the where the stickers were if you dont wax.)
Old 03-15-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

I peeled mine off after the first week. Came right off, didn't even need to clean it. I just used my fingernail and a hair dryer. "Unlimited" was the worst because you have to peel off every letter.

When I ordered the Jeep I told them not to put the stickers on. He said they would not do that.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Robar
I took all the stickers and the Trail Rated badge off. It was cold so I used a hairdryer to warm the stickers a little before peeling.
I have a dealer metal badge with a super adhesive... the hair dryer thing works???? what were the steps you took?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
JK Jedi Master

I would try heating it from the back, if possible. Be sure to pad the opposite edges that you are prying from so it does not cut into the paint, as it bends. The Trail Rated badge is pretty small. Hope it works for the dealer's badge.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
I have a dealer metal badge with a super adhesive... the hair dryer thing works???? what were the steps you took?

I would go beat the dealer senseless.

I had a Ranger all decked out for show purposes, had to take it into the dealer for some ABS service work, when i got it back from them it had dealer stickers all over it. They where on the front fenders under the "Ranger" badge, on the tailgate in TWO spots. They took OFF my aluminum lighted license plate frames and put those cheap-assed plastic dealer license plate covers on it instead.

You wanna see someone flip out? I lost it. the service manager was hiding behind his desk & the "mechanic" was suddenly "on lunch"

:angry:

they couldnt get the stickers off fast enough & they had my plate shrouds soldered back in recrd time. (oh, i forgot to mention they cut the wires to the lighted frames... CLEARLY violating state inspection procedures by removing my plate lighting) - Not to mention what i called outright THEFT of my covers.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 03-15-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Sticker-less?