Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

stock seats arent very comfortable

Old 04-03-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock seats arent very comfortable

coming from a VAG (volkswagen, audi group) scene, i feel that these jk seats are very uncomfortable. my gti had recaros from the factory and were so comfortable. has anyone here gone aftermarket for the front seats?

did you get Baja style seats? or race style bucket seats? fixed back or recliners?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have any answers, but I'm in the same boat. I've had many different cars and the JK seats in my Sport are probably the worst I've had. There is too much padding in the shoulder area and not enough in the lower back.

Some people have the Mastercraft Recliner Baja and speak highly of them. They seem to have a good bracket for the JK also.
I'm personally interested in the Corbeau GTS II. You'll need additional brackets for those too. What I don't like about them, and most other seats, is that the side bolsters seem quite high. I would think it makes getting in and out more difficult, and I drive around town a lot.

A big problem is that I can't find a store where I can just sit in the seats a while before I buy them. If they're not comfortable for me, that would be an expensive mistake.

Another big problem is that I'm not good with my hands. Otherwise I could weld up a bracket for a pair of second hand Recaros or so. I've seen it done with the seats out of a Subaru Impreza WRX in an Jeep, and that would be cool. Mind you the seats you choose would have to be fairly narrow to fit well in the JK.

To avoid cost and problems, I'm now thinking to just put an inflatable lumbar support in the stock seats. I have discovered over time that if you adjust them well (more recline works for me), and sort of get used to them, you can live with them.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
coming from a VAG (volkswagen, audi group) scene, i feel that these jk seats are very uncomfortable. my gti had recaros from the factory and were so comfortable. has anyone here gone aftermarket for the front seats?

did you get Baja style seats? or race style bucket seats? fixed back or recliners?
What year is your jk? I have a 2010 rubi and I find the seats pretty comfortable. Now the door armrest and the center armrest are what I find uncomfortable.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lumberjack500
What year is your jk? I have a 2010 rubi and I find the seats pretty comfortable. Now the door armrest and the center armrest are what I find uncomfortable.
i have a 2010 sport.

i would like some corbeau seats as well, mastercraft seems very pricey.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

since you have an unlimited i would go with some Sparco seats, but thats just me, but if you want to do it on a budget check out the 2011 seats. maybe you can find one for cheap because im sure someone has wrecked one by now.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

I've heard Mastercraft is awesome and Beard is very nearly as awesome. Smittybilt is supposed to be great for the price and I think they have suspension seats, too. Keep in mind the JK isn't meant to be a luxury SUV.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

I went with corbeau lg1 reclining seats. I think these seats are very comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1210741663.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	146038   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-671890289.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	146039  
Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just put in lg-1 corbeau too.I took the front seats and put in back.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bud96
Just put in lg-1 corbeau too.I took the front seats and put in back.
Do you have a pic of the stock front seats in the back?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not yet. Will try too get some tomorrow.

Quick Reply: stock seats arent very comfortable